Another ICS thread Odin would like

F

FB7777

A guy comes on ICS complaining that he doesn't have enough work to keep 2 great employees busy anymore.

Guru advice coming from 1-3 year experience owner operators, a parttime cleaner and a guy that ran a big company but scaled back to owner operator.

hmmm, I wonder if the guys inbox is filled yet with Polish, Partridge and Yoakum marketing package offers?

F

FB7777

listen up harryhideous, I'm just trying to fit in with all this ICS banned misfits.

If you still feel the need to kiss up to Evan to get a free snack at Connections on ICS's dime that is your prerogative, but let me vent with the cool kids.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Fred you could have gave him some advice on how to pick up some toilet scrubbin accounts.

Golden Boy

F

FB7777

what and give away marketing nugget # 405 in my $495 marketing package?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Fred this is you at your best...

Priceless posts...

Marketing secret #405 alone had me laughing my ass off...

This is a mikeysboard gem...

harryhides

Name
Tony
Poor Waldo - I've no doubt he spends more time scrubbing toilets than all of the rest of us.

Fred you're such a misfit I doubt you;d fit in anywhere.

You may have noticed - I seldom post on ICS anyway.

:p

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, but you call us talking about how lame ICS is and how we shouldn't post, but then YOU go there yourself.

Are you and danny related?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Well it is lame and especially since the recent bannings. Of course since you can no longer use the search feature you wouldn't know how little I post there. Look at how much the traffic has dropped in just the last 2 months.

Total Usage The Week 04/15/2007 - 04/14/2007
Total messages: 1,586 = 264 per day ave
Total Posters : 640 = 106 per day ave

Total Usage The Week 05/27/2007 - 06/01/2007
Total messages: 611 = 102 per day ave
Total Posters : 375 = 62 per day ave

harryhides

Name
Tony
ICS
The Week 05/27/2007 - 06/01/2007
Total messages: 611 = 102 per day ave
Total Posters : 375 = 62 per day ave
New members = +2 for the week

MB
The week ending Sat June 2nd
54,814 + 1,690 posts = 241 Ave/day
New members = +24 for the week

Fon Johnson

Fred makes a very valid point that I have wondered about for some time. I really wonder just how many people have gone out of business following advice from some "gurus" on the ICS bb. THAT problem is not with ICS itself, but poor beginners taking "advice" frome "wannabes".

I have seen a pattern of people asking for help. The ICS gurus then say "all you have to do is raise your price and clean with this 16 step proces, then you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams." I guess it works, because a year later the person asking for help is selling their truck mount..

Greenie

Maybe the gurus are into used TM sales?

I see Joe Blow carpet cleaners giving bunk advice daily, so it's not just an ICS thing or a guru thing.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Green Bean:

A bulletin board "guru" is a derogatory term and can be applied to ANY poster from single truck hack all the way up to the most respected name in the industry. It is simply a term used to describe anyone who posts in such a way that the rest of us can see that they are a fake.

You should know that by now ... dummy.

GRHeacock

Now wait just a durn minute. I am the main guru in these parts.

My advice is sought after by the multitudes from near and far.

People bow before me wherever I go, and others merely bow in the direction of my home here.

And to prove it, I have both an ICS t-shirt and a Mikefest t-shirt.

So there.

And who said I was the main guru? And gave me the guru status?

ME!!

Who else?

Gary

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, great. Now Harold will keep that thing on my profile forever.

You people do realize that Harold, or Mikey is the one who keeps putting those things on my profile, don't you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure ain't me.

I thought it was you, You've been doing lots of strange stuff lately there Mort.

Harv?
You messing with Mort's avatar?

lol

harryhides

Name
Tony
Nope, it isn't me - I wouldn't dare.
I didn't think it was Marty as I doubt he has the wherewithall to figure out how to do it.

Perhaps it was Richard or Lisa ??

Gee Fred, when I met you at an IICRC class a few months back, I thought we hit it off pretty well, and I thought you were a pretty cool guy. But after reading some of your posts the last few months (both here and there), i'm starting to see your childish side by "calling out" other cleaners on the board, or running from one board to the other with antagonistic tales, etc. You really must believe you're perfect now that you finally got certified after like 20 years in business. Anyway, my point is, that school yard mentality that you're displaying lately is most certainly unbecoming of such a successful two truck operator like yourself. I guess you feel the need to join the crowd, or impress the people on these boards by being obnoxious. I have just one question. What happened to the friend I made in class back in February. :(

Gee Fred, when I met you at an IICRC class a few months back, I thought we hit it off pretty well, and I thought you were a pretty cool guy. But after reading some of your posts the last few months (both here and there), i'm starting to see your childish side by "calling out" other cleaners on the board, or running from one board to the other with antagonistic tales, etc. You really must believe you're perfect now that you finally got certified after like 20 years in business. Anyway, my point is, that school yard mentality that you're displaying lately is most certainly unbecoming of such a successful two truck operator like yourself. I guess you feel the need to join the crowd, or impress the people on these boards by being obnoxious. I have just one question. What happened to the friend I made in class back in February. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom