Another Loss of a Friend of our Industry

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Some of you know by now that we have lost another revered industry leader and vast information resource, Joe Domin.

If you were in this business from the late 80's through the 90's, you'll remember him best as the happy and humorous Prochem chemist, though he also worked as a consultant for Legend Brands during his retirement. Like Shawn, he also was one remembered more for his warm personality, and not just his knowledge.

You rarely saw him without his white chemist's smock, and also without his beloved camera around his neck. Most of the pictures I have of my father were taken by him

For those of you who didn't know him, he was the formulator of much of the Prochem line of chemicals, and through that, much of the early Bridgepoint chemicals as well. You may not have met him, but his products helped many of the "old timers here" along the way.

IICRC instructors may also remember the event where he was asked to give a presentation on cleaning chemistry. He opened it with a more than dirty joke about pH that would get me "rafted" if I repeated it here. While the joke was funny, the funnier part was the embarrassed silence of most of the instructors who were afraid of the "powerful" organization "leaders" who laughed not at all.

Bill Yeadon and I laughed though.... I can't speak for Bill, but I am afraid I have always loved best the humor told at the "wrong time and place"

He would have fit into our community here very well.

Joe2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom