Another new account.

steve_64

Had a 3 hour meeting with owner designer organizer caretakers and property management today. House was being finished for a party thus weekend. We interviewed for weekly housekeeping. While we were leaving the other cleaners stopped us we were leaving to ask if we could wash the windows. I didn't want to but they were desperate. 2 window washing companies turned it down. So I guess I'm washing windows tomorrow.

IMG_7613.JPEG IMG_7616.JPEG IMG_7617.JPEG IMG_7606.JPEG IMG_7605.JPEG IMG_7612.JPEG IMG_7613.JPEG IMG_7602.JPEG IMG_7610.JPEG IMG_7607.JPEG IMG_7609.JPEG IMG_7604.JPEG IMG_7608.JPEG IMG_7611.JPEG

Last edited:

steve_64

It was like the movie money pit whole we were there. Must have been 50 people working. Watched a lawn go down in minutes.
Most of the contractors were out of Chicago.
It was an interesting experience.

steve_64

Squeegee poles?
Power wash extension pole.
Use to use it with the WM but it had a 5c the butler is a 4c I believe. It should power it but not as good I imagine.

The Windows are treated and can only be cleaned with Johnson and Johnson cleaner. I'm just using soft water. Not sure of exact one. The lady has everything with written instructions. On how to care for. Someone fills their fridge for them and everything is facing a certain way per the instructions.
20210702_113533.jpg

steve_64

That's a lot of windows.
The main entrance front and back pivot like the door at the 5 story so they can open to allow the max air to come through.
On each side of those are two sliders on each side front and back that open all the way up too.
And in one picture it shows how the upstairs windows open. When the window closes the screen disappears into the ceiling I think. Automatic blinds throughout.
They tore down we think it was a $600.000 house to build this.

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

Took 3 hours. They asked me to not get so close because I was getting water inside. Trying to figure out a price. Was thinking $1200. That feels like a deal to me.
$600 would be low balling I think.

Name
Jeff T
We’ve got a similar contract for a local home. The glass used to take me about 6 hours to complete, using standard mop and squeegee method.
After installing RO water, I now use the mop, and use 400 psi off my TM....

It now takes me an hour and 15 minutes, AND, I get spotless results.

I love what QUALITY water has done for our bottom line...

As an added bonus, I will sometimes clean her Mercedes for free, when she’s home, and, she tips 20%...

steve_64

were they home?

if they were, do you think they'd bluster over $400 an hour?
in particular since you didn't quote them a price before start

..L.T.A.
The owner was present.
It did go way faster than I expected.
Maybe $800?
It will be repeat work I was told before the big boss left. I think I impressed everyone there. They were at a loss on how to do this.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
The owner was present.
Maybe $800?
It will be repeat work I was told before the big boss left. I think I impressed everyone there. They were at a loss on how to do this.
I'd be inclined to price higher for initial clean then less for "repeat work" but depends on how often they plan on repeats?

Reactions: steve_64

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
The owner was present.
Maybe $800?
You charge by the job/scope of work….not how long it takes. Just because you have invested in tools that make you more efficient doesn’t mean you should cut your price based on it taking less time. Go with $1200. They won’t blink an eye.

There is an old story of a boilermaker who was hired to fix a huge steamship boiler system that was not working well. After listening to the engineer’s description of the problems and asking a few questions, he went to the boiler room. He looked at the maze of twisting pipes, listened to the thump of the boiler and the hiss of the escaping steam for a few minutes, and felt some pipes with his hands. Then he hummed softly to himself, reached into his overalls and took out a small hammer, and tapped a bright red valve one time. Immediately, the entire system began working perfectly, and the boilermaker went home. When the steamship owner received a bill for one thousand dollars, he became outraged and complained that the boilermaker had only been in the engine room for fifteen minutes and requested an itemized bill. So the boilermaker sent him a bill that reads as follows: For tapping the valve: $1 For knowing where to tap: $999 TOTAL: $1,000.00” At the end of the day, education will most likely help you to find-a-job, while education combined with {insight x creativity} will enable you to define your future. Point-to-remember: Lots of folks can & do “tap the valve” – very few know precisely where to tap & why. Be that tapper. Applied Knowledge Is Power!

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

hell, I donno
but if window washers make $400 an hour, I'd suggest you sling more squeegees than wands...

if a first time custy, I sure would of given them a price before I started though

..LT.A.
I had a well guy here to fix a leak in my pump after I hooked it up to a spicket.
Came out one day for 10 minutes to look at it. 2 weeks later came back to fix it. 30 minutes tops for $295.

I didn't complain because he fixed the problem I was afraid to make worse.

steve_64

I'd be inclined to price higher for initial clean then less for "repeat work" but depends on how often they plan on repeats?
That's what inormally do too on new accounts.
It was also on one days notice after declining several times due to some health issues. Neck and back trouble.
I'm leaning on $1200 for this and $800 for the next time. Probably twice a year for the windows from our conversations.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had a well guy here to fix a leak in my pump after I hooked it up to a spicket.
Came out one day for 10 minutes to look at it. 2 weeks later came back to fix it. 30 minutes tops for $295.

I didn't complain because he fixed the problem I was afraid to make worse.

I good with whatever you want to charge, Steveo.

when I get asked "how much" , my stock line is,

"as much as I can get"

everyone loves those "home run" payday jobs

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom