Another new account.

Name
Jeff T
Water Fed Pole, wag tail is simply a type of squeegee....

if a guy buys the system, expect to pay between 3-5K for it....

the system is fed by a garden hose, goes into a reverse osmosis system, and then the pole is fed pure water....

spotless results, no need to post squeegee..

works very well, but, a guy better be doing ALOT of glass to justify the cost...

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

were they home?

if they were, do you think they'd bluster over $400 an hour?
in particular since you didn't quote them a price before start

..L.T.A.
They didn't get a quote because it was a last minute job that I didn't want and wasn't sure I could get it done and honestly I didn't want it. Was there for something else.
Nobody seemed to care about price just that it got done and that's what I did.
My first trip out I couldn't get access because the landscapers were still working all around the house. It was still very hectic since it was the last day before owners took possession.

I imagine I will get calls from the neighbors and the project manager who seemed very happy with the work. I saved his ass.

steve_64

PM says next time they want me to use the microfiber and Johnson and johnson baby soap or something.
I might invest in that pole cleaner. It's halfway paid off already.

My van just got towed out of my driveway. Stalled and won't restart.
Buying Genny a 2015 expedition. Still a vehicle short.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
It's what's recommended for the coating I guess. Another customer of ours uses it too.
Wish I could just rinse them off lol.
It will be most likely a J&J ceramic coating and they're recomending J&J product to clean.. not baby soap

If using a DI or RO wfp you're not using any surfactants, IME it doesn't clean any better on windows its just streak free drying

steve_64

It will be most likely a J&J ceramic coating and they're recomending J&J product to clean.. not baby soap

If using a DI or RO wfp you're not using any surfactants, IME it doesn't clean any better on windows its just streak free drying
Several customers demand J J shampoo only. I will look into why this is a thing here.

steve_64

Must be because of the tinted windows and probably being recommended by the manufacturers or installers I guess.
Screenshot_20210708-105116.png

Name
Jeff T
Plain Dawn dishwashing soap is my weapon of choice for windows.
good luck getting ANYTHING off of windows, except maybe dust, when using baby soap....
Try cleaning your dishes next time with baby shampoo, and tell me how easily they come clean... Now, I ain’t talking about a glass that was used to drink water, try it on baked on grease....
Yeah, that’s what I thought. This isn’t rocket science people....

Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Name
Jeff T

Just ALOT faster Dan, cause your eliminating a step....

steve_64

Plain Dawn dishwashing soap is my weapon of choice for windows.
good luck getting ANYTHING off of windows, except maybe dust, when using baby soap....
Try cleaning your dishes next time with baby shampoo, and tell me how easily they come clean... Now, I ain’t talking about a glass that was used to drink water, try it on baked on grease....
Yeah, that’s what I thought. This isn’t rocket science people....
Oh I see silicone and tar too but they strictly said no razor blades or hard objects too so I'm following orders for now.
Once we get more acquainted ill mention fixes for things like that. I see paint on wood floors yet and a while lot of other issues that need addressing.
There is still a lot of new construction cleaning that needs to be done. We will try and work at it in bits.

There's no budget yet and doors open at 7 and lock at 4 by the caretaker. We can work Tuesday through Friday but that will change to Thursday soon.

Oh the windows will be sandblasted by next summer anyway lol. The winds off the lake move dunes.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
How about cleaning the inside?
Genny is on site and says they look bad from the new construction.
I hate ladder work but it may be what I do for now.
Wagtail or other swivel with fliq is great inside, make sure to get ledger extension so you can close out better especially with higher up if needed. But since it construction cleaning... Might have to break out ladder.

steve_64

Genny was offered the new construction cleaning on the next house that is being built. Guess there is 20 homes going in.

She was told they are paying $1000 a day per person for new construction cleaning. They fired the ones who did the home we are cleaning now.

Man we need to hire a few good people.

steve_64

Wagtail or other swivel with fliq is great inside, make sure to get ledger extension so you can close out better especially with higher up if needed. But since it construction cleaning... Might have to break out ladder.
They are putting up scaffold next week and already have someone to do the inside of this house.
I'm going to talk to them next week about the ro di cleaning system to make sure that's acceptable.
View attachment 10931916258726153296335918187918072455.jpg

They gave Genny a folder with all contact info for everyone you can think of. It has pics of how everything shoukd look when done.
Has a section on all the stone and how to maintain them.
Very detailed info.
This is the first folder until they make the permanent one. 20210709_191552.jpg 20210709_191552.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom