another old timer

Mikey P

Administrator
A chap called yesterday with some questions about the world's most exciting subject.

His 25 year old Prochem Quad Jet's metal lips are wearing so thin that air pockets are popping open on the lips. (no pics yet but I'm very interested to see if his description is correct.
He has heard about the Gliders and was wondering if they would buy his old trusty some time.
I asked about his cleaning process and if he wand scrubs/chop strokes, because "if you do, you will hate a Glide"..
He assured me that he was not a hack and he pre-everythings.

He looked over my.com and had questions about the Sapphire 12" and I assured him that it was and is the only wand he would be happy with other than another PCQJ, which he didn't realize that I could get him a new one, if he wants to start over and continue going gliderless.
and no, he has no interest in disposable swivel/gimmick wands (his words)

We continued to talk about the industry, truckmounts, california wanting truckmounts gone, MF in San Diego, his frustrations with hired help and how many times he's had to rip a wand out of a tech's hands and yeah, he probably shouldn't do that and how much happier he is just cleaning by himself doing a job or two a day.

and how many time's Ive heard us old timers get a renew vigor for this trade by getting a new tool or truckmount...

He's going to do some deep thinking on his choices: new PCQJ, a new SSTI or, my suggestion a slot glide to save ol'trusty and give his 67 yo bod a rest.

"OK Mike, IM gonna go sit ion the shade and enjoy my IPA...."

IPS you say? says I?

45 minutes later we're still talking, turns out he's an avid mountain biker too

I can see why Lisa gave away so many gliders.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A chap called yesterday with some questions about the world's most exciting subject.

His 25 year old Prochem Quad Jet's metal lips are wearing so thin that air pockets are popping open on the lips. (no pics yet but I'm very interested to see if his description is correct.
He has heard about the Gliders and was wondering if they would buy his old trusty some time.
I asked about his cleaning process and if he wand scrubs/chop strokes, because "if you do, you will hate a Glide"..

He looked over my.com and had questions about the Sapphire 12" and I assured him that it was and is the only wand he would be happy with other than another PCQJ, which he didn't realize that I could get him a new one, if he wants to start over and continue going gliderless.

We continued to talk about the industry, truckmounts, california wanting truckmounts gone, MF in San Diego, his frustrations with hired help and how many times he's had to rip a wand out of a tech's hands and yeah, he probably shouldn't do that and how much happier he is just cleaning by himself doing a job or two a day.

and how many time's Ive heard us old timers get a renew vigor for this trade by getting a new tool or truckmount...

He's going to do some deep thinking on his choices: new PCQJ, a new SSTI or, my suggestion a slot glide to save ol'trusty and give his 67 yo bod a rest.

IPS you say? says I?

Can you still get the pcqj titanium?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

IPS you say? says I?

This is why some people don't answer their phones and encourages people to order from the website.

Reactions: hogjowl
F

FB7777

Marty cliff notes

Mikey had a long bonding conversation with some really old dude that still slings a wand

And didn’t close the sale :icon_cool:

At least my chat with Tom ended with a Tracking label

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ive never been a high pressure sales prick.

Lisa sniffed Conway out too.....
I have to use his website or instant messenger I don't think I've ever gotten him on the phone.

But I never felt pressured to buy either.

All you guys need to go drink a beer and walk your dogs.

Reactions: hogjowl and Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator
Who do you think you’re kidding. Anyone that has a differing opinion gets bashed on the head by you for years.

You love it. Its the thrill of the hunt.
Do I love sales? Absolutely.

But I'm not a high pressure salesman. I don't have to lie to people because all my products and services are the very best.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have to use his website or instant messenger I don't think I've ever gotten him on the phone.

But I never felt pressured to buy either.

All you guys need to go drink a beer and walk your dogs.
I am in no way insinuating that Tom is a high pressure salesperson or is disingenuous in any regard.

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

Do I love sales? Absolutely.

But I'm not a high pressure salesman. I don't have to lie to people because all my products and services are the very best.
So is Tom’s wand….

Until your paths split

There is plenty of old content on here , heck I told Tom I bought his wand because of you

And I thank you very much for that boisterous endorsement

Mikey P

Administrator
So is Tom’s wand….

Until your paths split

There is plenty of old content on here , heck I told Tom I bought his wand because of you

And I thank you very much for that boisterous endorsement
Tom's is absolutely the best swivel.
Some would argue that a extruded head is better than a cast head due to the type of aluminum use, but that's neither here nor there. As far as the performance It's probably on the same plane as Rob's and Joe's since they are virtually carbon copy knockoffs of its qualities, both good and bad.

Rob is a sense. Figured out how to duplicate Tom swivel in that the inner race is no longer welded to the head, which at one point was only a feature found on Tom's. On the other hand, Joe is still trying to figure that out.
All three of them have 20-year-old glide mounting technology which surprises me that not a one of them used a internal or rail system. But that's all the better for me I suppose.

I'll stick with the better performing Sapphire wand because if for nothing else, at least Legend Brands appreciates what I do for them and it makes me feel good about touching it everyday.

And it cleans better, especially when the Hard Surface Glide.

Reactions: FB7777 and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
1661628056152.png

Reactions: Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator
What is that black thing masquerading as a wand?

1000's of them on the market, and all the OEM plastic glides are starting to go

#bitter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom