another PTO thread

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I am going nuts wanting to order a new PTO system. I started a thread about aerotec vs CDS, and now seeing more threads about the Hydramaster CDS. The pictures Randy posted looks like a killer setup. Does anyone here have the new SS 1200? I don't know anyone that actually owns one. I use to own a 1999 WM 1200 but would like to see pictures of a fully decked out SS version. Not interested in Butler. The space doesn't compare to the CDS water pond combo. I am also interested in what the future of PTOs will be as Van styles change. Will there ever be a Nissan NV PTO?

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Market share and the fact that nv has so little of it. Why develop a system for a platform that will sell so few. Add to that their bad gas mileage and the fact they share a lot of components and design of the drivetrain and some of the chassis of the nissan Titan.

It will be interesting watching what comes out as far as pto truckmount from here on out.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Red Green

Name
Red
Around my parts the NV is becoming quite popular with contractors as they have tons more room for upfitting than the Ford E's and GM's, it's one of the reasons I just bought one, I wanted more room but am currently limited to low roof, non commercial chassis. I suspect once the new Ford Transits hit the streets they will push the NV and others to the back of the line as they offer more space/length options as well as three heights.

In my quest for a new set up I found that no one has any plans for an NV PTO configuration as tapping into the idle control is very problematic and Nissan has stated doing so will void the warranty (they are not supporting the option). Ford had the same issue years ago but finally relented by offering the E with the altered wiring harness to support idol control (Ive searched for an available one the last few months and they dried up quick).

Also in talking with the various PTO mfgs they all stated that installing one in the new Ford Transit will also be problematic and that they are looking at least 1-2 years after they get their hands on a Transit before they are able to release a reliably tested version. I thought this might have been just 'talk' to get me to buy a different/current set up, but all mfgs said the exact same thing, something to do with having to build a new sub-frame under the van as the new setup is far different than previous vans.

I was really wanting to get a PTO finally, but after looking at the option of having to go with a GM (I'll never buy one), dig up an E with the right harness (I couldn't find one at a reasonable price), a box truck (I can't have one now due to parking limits), or wait 1-2 years minimum for the Transit to be configured and fielded...... I went with the NV and a slide in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Having owned a cds, butler, & white magic---I'd buy a ss1200 in a New York minute

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We have a new pro1200. We had the rpms cranked up to 1600 instead of 1400 and run both 2.5 ports to a y for max air flow. The thing has good suction now!

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
If I was to buy a used CDS 4.8 that didn't have a Salsa package what would it cost to upgrade it? Any aftermarket blower HXs that would work? I think the Salsa is a pricey add on?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom