Another Q for the OP only crowd.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A nice spray of WD-40 and using a good quality scrub brush on the nose before rinsing would work.

Or for you politically correct distributer addicted morons a spray bottle of a citrus solve and then scrubbing should do it.

But hell my powerburst will get that out.

DRScrivner

Yeah especially on CGD Olefin I clean a few office buildings that have vacuum cleaner burns throughout- more common on the stairs.

I think it comes from leaning on the vacuum cleaner and pressing it down on the end with the beater bar. A natural balance thing for some folks. Like those people that look over their shoulder to change lanes when driving and their car heads in the same direction they are looking...

"The neck bones connected to the shoulder bone...the shoulder bones connected to the arm bone...the arm bones connected to the steering wheel..the steering wheels making me...OH CRAP I'm on the wrong side of the road."

DRScrivner

Jimmy,

You know me almost as good as my ex-wife so now you are scaring the crap out of me.

Encap-Punch has been my pre-spray of choice lately and the cordless drill and roto-brush is sorta a "Mini-Cimex". But that crud needs to be removed immediately, I would never depend upon crystalization of encap product and the home owner to post-vac to remove that crap- that is a 100% recipe for failure there. :idea:

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
R W said:
Now THAT'S one side by side comparison I'd like to see. I've done many staircases, just about as bad as those in Mike's pic's. It's a norm around Ohio with nasty winter weather, and customers that don't vac their stairs on a regular basis. I just cleaned a set of steps at a....Pakistani home??..
where the homeowners take off their shoes before entering the house. The steps were just off the garage, and man were they filthy, just like Mikes example, only they were a dark green shag. Even bare feet make a mess.

bare feet are worse than slippers, shoes, and socks combined. Bare feet leave an oily tip film, not deep penetrated dirt like on those steps that mike was showing us. My guess is the soiling is from previous cleanings leaving a residue on the lower parts of the fibres, resulting in a stuck on dirt.

R W said:
When flushing, you also have to remember that something is under the steps....like maybe another ceiling?? Water stains from above are pretty unsitely.

You know, that's a silly point. It would be almost impossible to push enough water through the carpet, the pad, the wood, and into the ceiling below. Never seen it from carpet cleaning, I have seen it from a ruptured hose once.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom