Another Stanley Steamer commercial on TV

Name
George Valliant
Seems like everytime I turn on the TV I see another SS commercial w/ their catchy little phone number jingle.

This can't be good for independant cc'rs like me.

Maybe its time to pony up some serious coin and jump into TV advertising.

Their commercials must be making em money cuz they been running them for a very long time locally.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Their ads ARE good for you! Everytime one runs the viewers at least subliminally think "I'd ought to have my carpets cleaned".

You will get at least some of the work from their ads.

From experience,
Lee

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Like Lee said.
When their ads run, we should all get more work.

Why?

Because those same people who would never use SS...or would never use them again will still be reminded by the commercial that they need their carpets cleaned.

The trick is to have pro ads somewhere online so they can find you and answer you phone when they call.

Even if "all" your work is referral or repeats you should have your name out there somewhere and in a postition where people don't have to look too hard to find you.
This requires some money but if done right...you profit from it.

Even those people who are looking for Stanley, if they see your ad...maybe they will think twice about using a large franchise.

Stanley Steamer is the McDonalds of the carpet cleaning world.

The commercials may make you think of food but who the hell wants to eat at MDs?
Some dirtbags but you don't want their business anyway.

This has been a moment with Brian. 8)

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I passed by the local stanley steemer today around 11:30 am and he had 14 trucks parked. I don't know the total count but the fenced lot was more then 3/4 full.

I did a tv ad 16 years ago. I wish I could find the tape. I could post it on youtube. It would be great for laughs. It's cheaper then you think to run tv spots. You can pay for a certain number of spots and they put them whenever they want. It might be 4am. It brought in some work but I was brand new. I wonder how it would work now that I am established.

Gene

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
The San Diego Stanely Steamer franchise is huge. The last time I drove by their yard there must have been 50 to 60 vans in their lot. I assume some of them were being reparied, rebuilt etc. But they have a big chunk of the San Diego market. Some swear by them some swear at them.

G

I love SS; it seems everytime someone gets their carpet cleaned by them I get a call; I am kind of known around here as fix everyone elses follies guys!!

I go out of my way to look for ss ads on the web.

they are done to perfection

I love looking at their tile and grout ads.

they spend big big money and they show a company so very professional

yeah, like everyone small, I'm envious they are big fish and I am a guppy.

they are not known for great service. they are known for low price.

I'm a single truck operator. I'd like to become bigger but need more work.

I don't know ss history. prob. should check them out.

visit my blog. "the carpet cleaner's crocodile

f.c.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom