Another "What The hell's Wrong With This Thing" Post.....

R

R W

Been having good luck with the Genesis, but today it was the '03 Chevy Express 2500. Left a job today, and everything was running right on. Got home, and the shifter wouldn't go into PARK. Which means, on a Chevy van, that the key wouldn't come out. I slammed it....I bammed it, but it just wouldn't shift into park. I asked around to a couple of mechanics, but nobody had a straight answer. I went out and bought a Chevy manual, but it was pretty generic in the trouble shooting area. I finally took it up to my shop, pulled down the shroud under the dash, and started fishing around for anything. On the Chevy van, the tranny lockout operates off a solinoid, which actvates when you hit the brake pedal. I spent 2 hours tuggin' and pullin' at wires and cables, but nothing seemed to help.

I finally figured I'd take it to a mechanic to see if he could help out. I tied up the loose wires so they wouldn't get stuck in the parking brake or brake pedal, and gave that solinoid one last shake and tap from a small hammer, and damn, it started working again!

We'll see how it shakes out tomorrow on the road.

R

R W

Still working allright. It's somewhere in the adjustment under the dash, up on the steering mast. You also have to de-energize the truck, so the airbags don't blow in your face while you're messing around under there. (I know, Marty.....I'm a big pussy)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom