Another yellow page question

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Have any local community books in your area, Daniel? They're usually a lot less and work as well or better than the bigger guys.

BTW, I think Harper's got a good ad. Potential customers see a mature professional, clean professional vehicles and a strong guarantee. It presents the believable image of a reliable, no-nonsense company I'd bet most folks would feel comfortable calling.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
you do that "mArY".......Stick-it I mean... :!:

just kiddin...SweeTiE... :p

Hugs & Kisses... :roll:

Actually I HATE the yp for the obvious reasons. Consumers are so stupid when it comes to selecting a carpet cleaner. You can take a good ad like Harper's and mix it in with the Chem Dry ads stating their "Breakthrough Technology" or guys using the rotovac with their "Our system cleans better than a wand" terminology and people just get confused and resort to price.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
danielc said:
Actually I HATE the yp for the obvious reasons. Consumers are so stupid when it comes to selecting a carpet cleaner. You can take a good ad like Harper's and mix it in with the Chem Dry ads stating their "Breakthrough Technology" or guys using the rotovac with their "Our system cleans better than a wand" terminology and people just get confused and resort to price.

Advertising is pure psychology especially in YP because you have such a small space to work with. I think images invoke stronger emotions then the written word. It’s probably more important that your ad look professional that telling potential customers you’re at the top of your profession. There are many deferent things that could work in YP ads. I found what works for me and fits my company’s image. I don’t have to much print. The print I do have is in bold colors I have clean background image usually a low shot of a formal Lvrm. Keep it clean, midsized and draw attention.

ACE said:
danielc said:

Advertising is pure psychology especially in YP because you have such a small space to work with. I think images invoke stronger emotions then the written word. It’s probably more important that your ad look professional that telling potential customers you’re at the top of your profession. There are many deferent things that could work in YP ads. I found what works for me and fits my company’s image. I don’t have to much print. The print I do have is in bold colors I have clean background image usually a low shot of a formal Lvrm. Keep it clean, midsized and draw attention.

I think every yp ad I have seen in the past few years has a formal living room picture. One year in the Memphis book they screwed up and used the same background in three ads just from different angles and it really looked crappy. That is overdone my friend. I am investing the time and money in commercial work. Forget targeting residential. I will continue to do my repeats and referrals, but any money spent from now on is going to be on commercial. Jobs that take 3 hours and pay 600 dollars and they call you back every couple of months or monthly are what I like.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If you found something that works for you, by all means stay with it and I’ll do the same. That’s the great think about our industry; lots of different business models can be successful. I happen to be the only one in my market with a formal Lvrm as a background and that’s why I do it. Commercial work can be great for some companies. I plan on marketing and cold calling commercial this winter and I’ll see how it goes. I haven’t tried getting commercial work at all up tell now but the times I have been asked to bid I am often the highest bid at .10-.12 per sq Ft. so I don’t plan on quitting my day job (residential) any time soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom