Answered my phone

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
got a job
Imagine that.

Just a reminder to answer your phones when they ring.

I have an appointment to set up perceptionist tomorrow.
Hopefully I will never have to use them...but just in case.
Gotta be better than getting voicemail when they call.

I almost didn't answer the phone this time because it was from Nevada.....but cell phones go anywhere.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Profound, Brian. (I mean this in the most non-snarky manner possible.)

It is amazing how many carpet cleaners totally neglect their lifeline, the telephone. When it gets even more scary is realizing that the call someone blows off might just have been the person with a wide circle of friends who would have become a huge Cheerleader for them!

BTW, good call on not blowing the person off just because it came up on the screen as a Nevada number. Many of my friends have cell phones that originated in other parts of the country and they haven't bothered getting out of the contract.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I'm waiting for a landscape contractor to call back as I type this. But my fingers are getting itchy and my eyes keep straying to the Yellow pages ...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am lucky enough to have just about every service I can think of in my pocket.
I really don't have to look to find anything.

So if I do get a voicemail, I am willing to wait for that call back ONLY because I know that person's business.

If I am looking for someone through ads then it is different. If I have to leave a voicemail, I will go to the next on the list.

If I get someone who can speak decently and knows a little about what they are selling, I will go with them...

Just answering the phone gives the illusion (which in this case is usually the truth) that they care about their business and will do their best at whatever they are doing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
boazcan said:
Let me know about Perceptionist.

I was thinking about bringing them on as well. I hate not being able to answer the phone.

Thanks.

I will post an update when I have one.

I will probaby call them once to check them out once I get going.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Answered a call the last week, but I was driving or working, so I told him to call back and leave his info on voice mail. He didn't. I called him back that night, he told me the sf of rooms, added up to about 1300sf. At 55cents thats $715, $300 more than the last guy 2 yrs ago.
I arranged for a in home quote, after measuring everything, taking into account traffic areas etc, the bill was only $482. I booked the job for Wed morning.

Most times can't go by what they tell you over the phone, have to go take a look, ESP on the big jobs.

Able 1

Name
Keith
With a phone book ad you NEED someone to answer... I have called back 15 mins. after I got a call and got the smug "sorry we went with someone else" not at all because of price but the other company answered there phone! That really kills me! :x

With flyers they will wait till you get back to them 99.9999% of the time. There is not a list of other companies right in frount of there faces... Just mine. :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Answered a call the last week, but I was driving or working, so I told him to call back and leave his info on voice mail. He didn't. I called him back that night, he told me the sf of rooms, added up to about 1300sf. At 55cents thats $715, $300 more than the last guy 2 yrs ago.
I arranged for a in home quote, after measuring everything, taking into account traffic areas etc, the bill was only $482. I booked the job for Wed morning.

Most times can't go by what they tell you over the phone, have to go take a look, ESP on the big jobs.

Yea, the in home estimate seem to be working out.

-JB-

Name
JB
Referrals WILL wait for a return call.

Newspaper/YP prospects won't.

C

clean image

and this brings up a good discussion point, seperate topic

carl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom