Antifreeze removal

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Was cleaning a Pool and Spa Center on Saturday. They have a spot that they think was resulting from a jacuzzi that leaked RV antifreeze? It's indoors so I'm not sure why it would be winterized but, they've had it cleaned but the spot returns and it's got a oily feel to it.

Is there any way to flush this out? A particular prespray or emilsifier I should use? I thought about trying an encap product (which I don't have because I don't do a lot of commercial).

Used Powerstrike, scrubbed with 175 and HWE with O2. Carpets looked great but I'm wondering how long before the spot resoils if I didn't get it out. I'm thinking the antifreeze has leached into the plywood floor and wickes back?

Thanks guys!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Using an appropriate prespray plus a solvent booster (Citrus Solv) plus hot water should get most of the anti-freeze out. Flush and clean.

Sometimes a blue dye is added. If you still have blue color remaining, use Red ZONE, Red Releif or similar product.

If wicking is still an issue, spray with Encapuguard following cleaning. Brush in.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've removed the residue from antifreeze from a friends car and high heat and a solvent took it right out. I've cleaned the car since and never noticed any residue.

gene

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
spot claw, flush with hot water.. and yes a solvent of some kind..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom