Any cleaning advantages to an acid rinse?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I know there is a thread debating acid vs. alkaline but i didnt want to highjack that one. Are there any situations where an acid rinse has an advantage on a stain over a detergent? Such as urine, would an acid rinse help break up more of the urine? Are there any stains that would come out easier with an acid vs. detergent rinse?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
SRI Cleaning said:
I know there is a thread debating acid vs. alkaline but i didnt want to highjack that one. Are there any situations where an acid rinse has an advantage on a stain over a detergent? Such as urine, would an acid rinse help break up more of the urine? Are there any stains that would come out easier with an acid vs. detergent rinse?

IMO...no....first off the urine should be removed and treated properly anyway..as well as any type of stain....so it should not matter either direction....also....( and here is the real debate)......rinse is way over rated...

Chris A

Name
Chris
I know there are acid-side urine pre-sprays out there, but I've found that your regular juice, sometimes boosted, will work on 99% of them.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
as a prespray with some dwell time acid rinse does great on breaking up urine deposits. usining it in your extraction water is good to because it leaves the carpet soft and free from residue

G

It can help in situations where a home owner has worked on an area(pet)that you have no idea about,as well as the Resolve crew,as far as wicking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom