any golden corral cleaners here??

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
nowadays....jus leaving the door open at nite....

is a risk!
don you know that they will SHOOT you....for a quarter???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can see it more as an owner operator, then at least what ever is left after your cogs goes in your pocket. But for me those would be overtime rates, double if we get past midnight so my adjusted labor is going to take a bigger bite.

I don't like to have equipment sitting either if we can make a reasonable profit for the effort. However that late at night we won't roll a truck for less than $500.00 minimum, which usually only leaves corporate carpet cleaning (more sq/ft) or WDR work.

G

yep, flying under the radar as a small company is a whole lot different .

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ahhh...it sounds like when I was cleaning for an outfit called "Cleanway". My early days.....mall stores......Sunday nights......10 cents a foot or less.......but it was cash flow for a newby.

You can't dis a cleaner for wanting all he can get, but filling every hour with work is just crazy. There are some local big outfits that have grabbed up all the resturants around just to keep their crews busy. So.....many trucks on the road....more liability......more chances of lawsuits (there is a local multi-truck cleaner here that fought a lawsuit for a year because someone in a resturant claimed that they had eye damage from the pre-spray). It's just not worth it to me.

Oh....and the GC's around here have food spills all day long. The few times I went I observed kids and adults loading up there plates to overflow, spilling food as they head back to their tables.

Nasty.

G

Some of the things I have seen while waiting to start, obese people making mulitple trips ( like 5-6 trips) to the dessert bar, fatties resting up so they couls stuff more in their face, one lady threw up in her plate , went to the bathroom , came out and ate more . Value diners , I guess.

Name
Nate W.
rwcarpet said:
Ahhh...it sounds like when I was cleaning for an outfit called "Cleanway". My early days.....mall stores......Sunday nights......10 cents a foot or less.......but it was cash flow for a newby.

You can't dis a cleaner for wanting all he can get, but filling every hour with work is just crazy. There are some local big outfits that have grabbed up all the resturants around just to keep their crews busy. So.....many trucks on the road....more liability......more chances of lawsuits (there is a local multi-truck cleaner here that fought a lawsuit for a year because someone in a resturant claimed that they had eye damage from the pre-spray). It's just not worth it to me.

Oh....and the GC's around here have food spills all day long. The few times I went I observed kids and adults loading up there plates to overflow, spilling food as they head back to their tables.

Nasty.

x2, I remember them.... Sucked for accounts but like uncle Larry C. says, "some money is better then no money at times...." Did what we had to do at the time.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Nate The Great said:
Did what we had to do at the time.

Exactly. I shudder at some of the jobs we did in the early days.

But for me at least even the worst pit was better than being a "wage slave".

Steve
SFS.JonDon.com

PS By the way, Nate, did you and Tim Wessels get things straightened out on the SFS registration fees?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
somewhere between year 5 and 7 I started "cherry picking"
at the time, i reckon I was a typical owner/op working on the van every day.
It was just me and a part time wingman (he worked appx 20 hours a week)

I fired (or was fired) a whole bunch of low profit jobs during that time.
"who needs that after hours and weekend crap"? I thought
I'm doing pretty well, I'll be a "cherry picker" and only do the "best" work .

fast forward to now.
I'm off the truck for the "most" part, and have more than just me and a pt time wingman to keep busy.
In hindsight, it was foolish of me to dump "all" those jobs
I say "all", cause some of them were indeed lo$ers , but many weren't..they were just thinner profit margins than the "plumbs" I was pciking

moral of the story, if you're an owner/op and intend to stay that way, cherry pick away.
But if you want to get off the truck "sometime" down the road, think long and hard about "throwing away" ANY job you can make a profit on

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
Steve Toburen said:
[quote="Nate The Great":15ko6e4e]Did what we had to do at the time.

Exactly. I shudder at some of the jobs we did in the early days.

But for me at least even the worst pit was better than being a "wage slave".

Steve
SFS.JonDon.com

PS By the way, Nate, did you and Tim Wessels get things straightened out on the SFS registration fees?[/quote:15ko6e4e]

Roger dodger. Everything's good. We'll be seeing you in afew weeks.

I was all of 9yrs old running the wand on those "cleanway" jobs....... Atleast when the manager wasn't looking..... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom