Any idea what year this cds is?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The guy doesn't know. It has 914 hrs. It's a 4.8 but he doesn't know if it has the salsa. Would it say it in the front?.

3596504_gallery.jpg

thanks,
Albert

Name
I'm Rick James
The CDS Salsa's I've seen had a knob for the salsa unit. I do not see the knob for it, I do see where it should be, but its not there. Can you get a serial number? Are you thinking of buying it?

TimP

I've never heard of a knob for a salsa machine. And I own one.

The way you tell is if you have an exhaust blower heat exchanger. It should be on the floor board behind the drivers seat. You should be able to see water hoses go in and out of it.

Also if you only see heat at 200 or below after running for 15-20 minutes of cleaning then it's not working right. Cause with salsa you should see 220-230 and if you let it sit with the blower under load it goes up to 250-260 on the temp guage.

Name
I'm Rick James
TimP said:
I've never heard of a knob for a salsa machine. And I own one.

The way you tell is if you have an exhaust blower heat exchanger. It should be on the floor board behind the drivers seat. You should be able to see water hoses go in and out of it.

Also if you only see heat at 200 or below after running for 15-20 minutes of cleaning then it's not working right. Cause with salsa you should see 220-230 and if you let it sit with the blower under load it goes up to 250-260 on the temp guage.

The Salsa I used had a knob to turn it off, not sure if all of them have "the knob".

TimP

There is a valve to turn off the coolant from the engine to get a lower temp if you so desisre....just like on a butler.

topnotchman

Maybe the older ones have a knob. My Hydramaster 4.8 salsa has a knob at the bottom right corner to switch between just the heat exchangers or heat exchangers plus the salsa heat. My unit is from year 2000, so maybe the new ones dont have it where its on all the time??? I turn mine off to clean upholstery.

Here's mine:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the serial #. Does this one look like yours Tim?. What year?. Is it a 4.7 blower?. The suction wasn't very good, then I opened the waste tank and mesh was pretty loaded. Not to mention he has it on live reel and 1.5 whip.

Thanks for the pic topnotchman. Wonder when they changed to grey in color?

Albert

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Albert Lazo said:
Wonder when they changed to grey in color?

Color is irrelevant. I have a color ring of available colors for CDS units. For some time, you could order your own color if you want to wait for the custom order.

TimP

Mine is a 2006 CDS. And I don't have that knob. It would be a nice thing to have for sure. Mine just has one for coolant and it's not next to the solution ports. It's the yellow handle lever above the serial number. Also a cds 4.8 should have a 47 blower the cds 4.6 should have the 45 blower.

IMG_2400-2.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
my '04 CDS had a knob to turn off the salsa, my '07 does not, just a coolant valve. I would venture a guess thats between a 2000-2003 model, hard to tell any better than that from the pic.

TimP

My van is 07 and my machine is 06.

So it could be and 01 machine also.

Greenie

So...do TM Mfgs. date their stuff like the Auto industry?
I always thought it was BS you could buy an 09 in July of 08.
What logic does that even serve?

TimP

Gets you to buy it and enjoy an extra few months of depreciation???

I bought my van in Oct of 06 so the CDS was 06....TM manufacturers go by the actual year I think. Cars start selling new models in september.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom