ANY INPUT ON VOLCANO HEAT

Chads

Supportive Member
What I didnt understand one bit of what you are talking about :?

Mikey P

Administrator
alexis-text.gif

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
He may be referring to the Volcano electric inline heater from Steambrite.

The BIG BOY they offer requires 220V HD power, which in most cases would not be practical, IMO.

R

rotovacguy

Yeah, he's talking about the 9000 watt heater from Steambrite. It's actually quite good from what I hear, I just can't see spending $1200 on that, when you can get into propane heat for that price.

But, some people don't want the added cost of propane, and you can't take propane in with you on a highrise job.

It has (6) 1500 watt heating elements, 4 put on a 220 volt electric dryer plug, and 2 separate 110 volt plugs. The nice thing about it is even if the custy doesn't have an electric dryer to tap into, you still have the 2 110 volt cords, giving you 3000 watts of heat, which is certainly better than none.

If you did have access to an 220 volt E.D. I would imagine the heat would be quite impressive.

Greenie

I think it's more practical to use my sooper dooper prototype 4800 watt 2 cord (110v) hot box. and it's much cheaper.

Even if you could plug all of that stuff in on the volcano, where are you gonna plug in the machine in a condo? Is heat that damned important? What does it get, 212º?

R

rotovacguy

I agree, Greenie. I was just pointing out what they claim it does.

For one, if I were going to shell out $1200 for a heat source, it wouldn't be electric.

And two, that's an awful lot of juice to be using up on heat......I would rather use that power on vacuum rather than heat.

Your 4800 watt unit sounds killer. When will it be available? And how much $$ ?

Greenie

It's being worked on now as we speak down at Mytee, It's jsut an educated guess, but I'm gonna say about $550 for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom