any of you worked retail?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I had a edumacated degree in "The loser who installs windshield wipers and batteries at Advanced Auto" before I got in this business.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I managed a Footlocker back a long, long time ago!! I would never work true retail again! Long hours, low pay!! I worked every Saturday and every other Sunday! Sure you got a day or two off during the week but non of my family or friends did and all big events happen when I was working!

Dealing with retail customers though was not any different then dealing with service customers.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
2 ounces in a 2.5 jug is dandy.

Just for fun, clean a 500 ft section on that upcoming project with just water and a blue MF.

Go back in the week and tell me if you see a difference...
Who has time for experiments? I’ll just use the soap. Just placed the order.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You’re the moron who centered his life around idiot carpet cleaners.
I have no sympathy for you.

We're I not born into it, I can't imagine I'd be doing what I do.

I'd probably have been in some biological research field, which means I'd be long dead from some loathsome tropical disease or had been shot by drug dealers on whose territory I unwittedly infringed upon ages ago.

(The fate of two of my friends who chose to "follow their dreams")

And really, where else would I have the diverse circle of people in my life like Mikey, Brevik, Boyle, and Marty?

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey, Brevik, Boyle, and Marty

hellish realities.

Mine will be stuck in a LazyBoy next to only Marty and his southern drawl, and vice versa, Brevik's will be in a steel shed with no AC, in north Texas with only Nick Nellous for comfort and Boyle will be in a bank vault with just his precious cash.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You all add color to the pallet of my life

Of course this is how I paint it:

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I spent fifteen years in retail, 12 of them in management. You see absolutely everything. The strangest story I can think of is the lady who tried to return a Kmart swimsuit to the Walmart service desk. I got called up to handle it because my people didn’t know what to do and the lady was ranting and raving to me about how her brother was going to the hospital for an amputation and what was I going to do about that? Um… I’m sorry? Kmart is across the street, have a nice day…

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
When I was a manager at Starbucks in Manhattan I had a young Hispanic guy interview for a job. I told him it was a lot of hard work, not just fun and free coffee. I asked him if he liked to clean and he laughed and said, “ma’am, I’m Hispanic.” Hired him. He was a great worker, but didn’t show up one day and didn’t call. Turns out he went to jail for pulling a gun on his stepfather who threatened his mother’s life.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When I was a manager at Starbucks in Manhattan I had a young Hispanic guy interview for a job. I told him it was a lot of hard work, not just fun and free coffee. I asked him if he liked to clean and he laughed and said, “ma’am, I’m Hispanic.” Hired him. He was a great worker, but didn’t show up one day and didn’t call. Turns out he went to jail for pulling a gun on his stepfather who threatened his mother’s life.

Crawford County must seem so tame compared to city life....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom