any one heard of kill odor??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
back when I worked for rainbow international ala mid 90's they had a product they called kil odor, it was actually a pretty badas deodorizer infact I have seen nothing like it before or since, It was an oil based product, would burn your skin and had a residual effect for at least 2 weeks depending on conditions, I have a small 32 0z bottle left that I use a few small drops in certain situations. it came in several scents, the one I have and used most was cinnamon. I am sure the chemical nazi's like lee senter had this stuff banned pronto, did anyone ever use anything like this before??

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think Kill Odor is a Chemspec product. To the best of my knowledge, it is still available. Check with a Chemspec distributor or their website.

Scott Warrington

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The only thing comparable would be GeniCare GoodStuff, a solvent based cherry deodorant. I still have most of a gallon that's maybe 12 years old. I never had the desire to spray it in a customers house, but a friend of mine used it to counteract the odor in the pickup truck that his 460 pound father in law died in. Worked good, sold the truck a week later with that "new car odor".

Driguy

Kill odor, kill odor plus, kill odor citrus and floral.

all very good deodorizers

Farenheit251

I used to use a different cinnamon product. A local chemist had it tested to try and copy it and found formaldehyde. They've changed it since then and it is not nearly as good.

Driguy said:
Kill odor, kill odor plus, kill odor citrus and floral.

all very good deodorizers

I prefer the Fabpro versions. if you think about it Dr. Aziz of Fabpro formulated them when he worked for Chemspec many years ago!

Fabpro is an underrated product line that flies under the radar.

Rob.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
kill odor

used kill odor in 93-95 guy i worked with bought all chemspec prods the 321 pre treat was bad ass and so was kill odor citrus we used it on every job they also sold some wall washing prods that really worked well

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Back in the 1980's, I had 125 Rainbow's as customers. (There were about 900 of them at the time...)

I sold the first truck mount to one... Joey Phillips, in Winston - Salem. I got the attention of Mr. Dwyer to the degree that he sent a VP and his son to see us and try to intimidate us into backing off. (That was an interesting meeting.)

Anyway, I'm familiar with Rainbow's Kill Odor. And it was an UnSmoke product, from what I was told. We made (and I make now) a comparable product called, "PermaScent".

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had a little 2oz bottle of a product about 10 yrs ago, apparantly this 2oz would make like 10gals. Nasty stuff. You really would want a respirator when appying it. I only used it once, never again. It did work though.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ultrafresh was a product from Thompson Research out of Canada, and it was marketed in the US by Chemspec.

Cliff Zlotnik and Unsmoke were not involved with the product or its distribution.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I stand corrected.

It's been a long time since I saw it. Back then, I saw a lot of different products in the course of what I did on an ongoing basis.

I won't forget that "killer" choking sensation when I smelled it sprayed over an area "as directed".

Seems like it was, "Tributen Maleate", or something similar...

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Ultrafresh(Tributyl Tin Maleate) actually functions to interrupt the works on the energy systems of the microbial cell in living organisms. The problem was that in certain accumulated concentrations, especially in inadequate ventilation, the product would do just that to humans as well. Respiratory functions were the first target as the vapors are inhaled.

People often forget that pesticides and biocides are often non-selective, and their efficacy is only one of dosage per kilo of the present living organism. In Ultrafresh's case the lethal dose for humans is actually lower per kilo than that of the pathogens we were using it for.

Tributyl Tin Maleate still has practical purposes, but its now mostly relegated to uses where the product is tightly held in a solid, such as paint and plastics. As such, the lethal concentration is only a factor to pathogens that might seek to adhere to the plastics or paint, such as algae or mold.

The Preacher

i used Duane's Permascent on a cat pee job that paid very handsomely as the home was a rental and the folks signed an 18mo lease @ 1500 per month while their house was being built. $1200 was a bargain for 6 hard hours of work!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom