any one know the skinny on this.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dual Pressure Regulator
New Dual Pressure Regulator
Manufactured by ATMI
Able to accomplish a variety of work at the same time Save Time and Fuel / Increase productivity by 25-30%

are they saying you can run 2 different pressures....

like one guy can do uph and another one can do tile or carpet....

this is from the AT site....

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Jim,
I'm almost certain that the new AT's have the dual regulator on them. Or at least it's an option. And yes, my understanding is you can have two different pressures going on at once.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
yes jim that is right, you can have one guy doing uph and the other cleaning tile. vlad didnt completely explain it to me but id bet it was a precision gate valve or something like that. he did say you can buy it from them. are you looking to do this?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I claim that idea. I called Blueline , Vortex and Aero 3 years ago when I bought my BLueline looking for a machine that could do just that. It just doesn't make sense to me to have one pressure. Most of the time I clean upholstery and carpet at the same time and need different pressures.

Gene

Greenie

I always heard guys cleaning carpet and uph. at the Same time, I'd rather tag team the uph. share the load, and then superwand the carpet, better split on vacuum and solution too, each uph tool is feeding the other with a fresh shot of hot water, all you need are a couple Y splitters, also a very good approach for units that aren't really Dual Wand capable.....but sharing the labor on a BIG uph. job was my original motivation.

Mikey P

Administrator
Whats the big deal about cleaning cpt and uph at the same time?

Use a PC tool and turn down the pressure.

I'd use it for cleaning tile @ 1000 and cpt @ 500

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
jim this is what it looks like, got it off their website.

dual_pressure.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yea I seen that picture.....I was looking for how the whole set up looked like...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Whats the big deal about cleaning cpt and uph at the same time?

Use a PC tool and turn down the pressure.

I'd use it for cleaning tile @ 1000 and cpt @ 500

agree, unless you want to clean tile and carpet at the same time it would be useless

Jim, contact Peter Hagar, I believe he posted about it on ICS a few days ago, if I read it right he has a 2009 blueline vortex with that has dual regulators

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Just add another regulator to lower the pressure.

First regulator set at highest pressure;
second regulator reduces that to lower pressure.

Larry

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
We clean carpet and upholstery all the time at the same pressure with our slide-in. The problem I can see with dual pressure settings for cleaning both tile and upholstery at the same time, is trying to regulate the heat to 2 different tools. Too much heat on uph can cause damage to the fabric. Not enough heat to the tile spinner tool won't clean/rinse as well. You would also need a dual heat regulator for distributing different heat ranges to 2 different tools at the same time.

We use the Kleenrite uph tool, which by-passes pressure so you can clean uph with the pressure setting at 500 PSI as in carpet cleaning. The tool jet willl only allow so much water through. Without the by-pass of this tool, you would have a trigger almost impossible to squeeze.

You can also decrease the pressure/flow at the uph tool without having to fiddle with the overall pressure of a TM by closing down the small ball valve at the end of the solution line where the uph tool connects for cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom