Any recommendation for SEO Company?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Google has changed alot in the last several years, I built a new site. Looks ok, my semi amateur seo efforts are having little effect but I need an SEO guy that produce RESULTS,

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hoody or Big West. I'd price a website using yours as a template of what you like. A professional website is equally important as SEO. You want to drive them to something that wins them over.

FredC

Village Idiot
Biziq takes care of mine.
Out of curiosity where do you rank well other than Niles/Buchanan (where you are basically the only one) ? That isn't a bash just an observation.

I'm guess what I'm actually asking is if there is anywhere in Indiana you rank well?

FredC

Village Idiot
Google has changed alot in the last several years, I built a new site. Looks ok, my semi amateur seo efforts are having little effect but I need an SEO guy that produce RESULTS,
My advice is to not buy into the "monthly service" BS unless you just need it as a way of financing. Even then there should be a specific set of goals each month that are verifiable by you. Not "oh I did some voodoo shit" and now you rank higher. They should be able to audit your site /relevant offsite factors and tell you exactly what needs to be done.

There isn't any voodoo anymore*****. That is what all those cute animal named updates were for. Optimizing a site is just that and can mostly be done during design.

Many have asked why I don't do this as a monthly service anymore.....the above is why.

Given your current rankings I would just learn more about core seo and google best practices and make sure your site is following them. Off site isn't like it used to be. Just make sure all your google/bing/yahoo/facebook local listings are done well/correctly, you are listed in the big directories, and you are getting reviews (google, yelp, etc.)

not too bad
ranks.jpg

*****at least not when we are talking about carpet cleaning sites/someone's biz

Last edited:

steve_64

Out of curiosity where do you rank well other than Niles/Buchanan (where you are basically the only one) ? That isn't a bash just an observation.

I'm guess what I'm actually asking is if there is anywhere in Indiana you rank well?
It was more money to go into Indiana so I only stayed in Michigan. I have discussed going into Indiana but haven't followed up on it.

I'm in other cities in berries and Cass county I think van buren also.

I should be more active with them but really don't like to. They are always calling and emailing me wanting me to be more active but.

I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were worth it. I don't mind the monthly fee I need the tax deductions and I do pick up enough work from it too.

Been with them about 2 years now. Instead if a guy in his moms basement they have about 60 employees.

steve_64

They also cleaned up all the old addresses I've had and other web sites that were hurting my rankings.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
http://tacoma-carpet-cleaners.com/

granted....it isn't as polished as one gets when they make dozens that are essentially the same :D
It looks pretty good actually. It could use improvement but I think since he did pretty well with it he should be capable of the rest.

Needs phone and contact us on each page. Probably at the top or somewhere prominent. I'd look at their example sites for other improvements.

FredC

Village Idiot
It was more money to go into Indiana so I only stayed in Michigan. I have discussed going into Indiana but haven't followed up on it.

I'm in other cities in berries and Cass county I think van buren also.

I should be more active with them but really don't like to. They are always calling and emailing me wanting me to be more active but.

I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were worth it. I don't mind the monthly fee I need the tax deductions and I do pick up enough work from it too.

Been with them about 2 years now. Instead if a guy in his moms basement they have about 60 employees.
Thanks. I was wondering more for the info I could deduce from your rankings as to how google handles the state separation.

Nothing to do with biziq....though those 60 employees could very well return to their mom's basement at the end of every day. Where they leave those neg reviews on glassdoor.

BUT

you could probably drop them tomorrow and not notice a bit of difference given the area and assuming the site is yours. I'd be careful extrapolating to other areas because of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve_64

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
It looks pretty good actually. It could use improvement but I think since he did pretty well with it he should be capable of the rest.

Needs phone and contact us on each page. Probably at the top or somewhere prominent. I'd look at their example sites for other improvements.

Can you give me a link to some of their sites?

Thanks

steve_64

There was an issue with the state line but I don't remember details. It was part of the extra cost due to the extra work.

I really should utilize their services more but just not my thing that's why I pay them.

Reactions: FredC

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You should still do the fixed mobile buttons, but looks a lot better since the last time we talked. Good work.

Here's an example below:

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 00.34.05.png

Edit here is the CSS and HTML - edit background colors and such as you see fit.

CSS add to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS

CSS:
a.call-now { display:none;}
a.schedule-now {
        display:block;
        background-color:#000;
    color:#fff;
    font-size:18px;
    font-weight:bold;
        text-align:center;
    position:fixed;
    right:0;
    bottom:15%;
    padding:10px 20px;
    border: 2px solid white;
    z-index:1000;

}

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {

a.schedule-now { width:50%; bottom:0; padding:10px 5px;}

a.call-now {
       display:block;
       background-color:#000;
       color:#fff;
       position:fixed;
       width:50%;
       left:0;
       bottom:0;
       text-align:center;
       font-size:18px;
       font-weight:bold;
       padding:10px 5px;
       border: 2px solid white;
       z-index:1000; }
}

HTML - add to Appearance > Editor > Footer.php just before the </body> tag

HTML:
<a class="call-now" id="track-calls" href="tel:(555) 555-1234">CALL NOW</a>
<a class="schedule-now" id="book-now" href="https://link-to-form-or-booking page">BOOK ONLINE</a>

Last edited:

Ackthpt

Name
Used Carpet Cleaning
http://tacoma-carpet-cleaners.com/

granted....it isn't as polished as one gets when they make dozens that are essentially the same :D

I noticed a couple minor issues:
- canonical URL does not match actual URL on homepage (trailing /)
- ditch the two comment RSS links (empty)

Nice work with the rich snippet/schema.org implementation :) Consider adding BreadCrumbList as well...

Cheers mate.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Big West from Missoula Montana... I had dinner with Joe night before last.... Good honest guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom