Any recommendations on a setup for 60k?

Droid1226

Name
DougF
I know this is a very broad question with many different opinions, but I got a loan for 60k and have commercial business lined up. Can anyone give basic on what would be a good van & machine? Or common rookie mistakes that carpet cleaners make? What model van to buy? I do have a bunch of portable experience and a few days with a van but that's it.

Our local dealer recommends an Apex 570 but it's really pricey. I need something less that is versatile and solid.

Thanks in advance. ANY input would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Doug

Droid1226

Name
DougF
I should elaborate. I have easily 60k in business annually that I'm contracting out. So we are changing doing it in house. Any constructive help would be nice...or not. Doesn't matter I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

FredC

Village Idiot
some good advice here

edit: and really you are going to need to describe this commercial work better to get a good recommendation. Is it what you were talking about in the other thread? Access/hose run length?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I know this is a very broad question with many different opinions, but I got a loan for 60k and have commercial business lined up. Can anyone give basic on what would be a good van & machine? Or common rookie mistakes that carpet cleaners make? What model van to buy? I do have a bunch of portable experience and a few days with a van but that's it.

Our local dealer recommends an Apex 570 but it's really pricey. I need something less that is versatile and solid.

Thanks in advance. ANY input would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Doug

Go to your Sapphire/Legends dealer and price out a Pro 1200 SE. You can even lease on decent terms. My 2015 Express 2500 Extended with Pro 1200 came in between $60-65,000. But I already had a fresh water tank, so if you add that to the install, maybe close to $70,000.
A complete system for under $70,000. Sign and drive.

Or a Butler.........

Reactions: Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s 5k per month which is not bad start, but it’s not lot to get carried away on either. I’d buy a Cimex and go to town.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Honestly a cds with a van through hydramaster will be a great way to start.

They have financing and vans that are hard to be beat.

Not to mention you’ll get a boatload of stuff for less then the competition.

Except maybe cleanco.

But they won’t get the same deal.

But if you have a business loan already butler might have some good used stuff too!

Lastly where Are you clutch drive are usually easier to use but the hotter the state you live in the more likely you’ll have fuel pump issues with a Chevy type van.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Droid1226

Name
DougF
Lol. Damn. Sorry. I was working. Thanks for the advice guys.

Yes. My original plan was 10k setup but I need something powerful that won't break down or that I have to work on so I got approved for the 60k loan.

The dealership near me is trying to sell me a Ram Pro Master 2500.

I'm in NE Ohio. Cleveland area.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Lol. Damn. Sorry. I was working. Thanks for the advice guys.

Yes. My original plan was 10k setup but I need something powerful that won't break down or that I have to work on so I got approved for the 60k loan.

The dealership near me is trying to sell me a Ram Pro Master 2500.

I'm in NE Ohio. Cleveland area.
Get a well insulated Butler,Cleanco,Hydramaster in that order. Look at butlers website, they often have refurbished units for sale.

Reactions: SamIam

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I'm assuming you're talking about all commercial work? If so... we VLM virtually all commercial. Residential is all HWE.

I'd get a couple Cimex machines and a couple OP machines for pad extracting. Maybe a nice portable for the times you really have to extract. When we get nasty commercial carpet, we still pad it, using cotton pads soaked in hot water and then follow-up with a dry pads to pull out the moisture. Works shockingly well and better than pulling hoses 400 feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom