Jamesh921

Name
James
I like Cobb's Powermax, but I haven't seen anyone post about this product;

Encapsulate SR Cleaner Gallon
$15.95
Encapsulate SR Cleaner
Formula has StainResist to Resist Coffee Stains
Anti-resoil polymer resists soil better than uncleaned carpet.
Solves #1 Complaint: Prevents spots from coming back!
Works well on Oily Soils.
pH=7.5 Dilutes 8 oz/Gal. - Gallon

Anybody use it and have an opinion on how well it works?

The price sure looks good.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jamesh921 said:
I like Cobb's Powermax, but I haven't seen anyone post about this product;

Encapsulate SR Cleaner Gallon
$15.95
Encapsulate SR Cleaner
Formula has StainResist to Resist Coffee Stains
Anti-resoil polymer resists soil better than uncleaned carpet.
Solves #1 Complaint: Prevents spots from coming back!
Works well on Oily Soils.
pH=7.5 Dilutes 8 oz/Gal. - Gallon

Anybody use it and have an opinion on how well it works?

The price sure looks good.

Anybody shilling this stuff and can you post a link to the product to complete the endorsment?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'll get some to try at a pharmacy counter I pad encap monthly at a grocery store. (24 hour store can't use truckmount.) It is a constant problem. The shopping carts and customers all stand at just one spot in front of the counter.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Is this a more condensed version of Cobb's product I mentioned above?

larger image DynaChem Encapsulate SR 2X
The DynaChem Encapsulate SR 2X formula has StainResist & Better Cleaning. Anti-resoil polymer resists soil better than uncleaned carpet. Solves #1 Complaint: Prevents spots from coming back! pH=7.5 Dilutes 4 oz/Gal

Add to Cart:

•Shipping Weight: 9lbs
•Manufactured by: Cobb Carpet Master

Please Choose:
Gallon1 one gallon bottle ( $28.95 ) (+9lbs)

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The single strength is a decent "middle shelf" film forming product... Not one of my personal favorites due to the dilution rate, a tendency toward stumbling on grease & oils and a slight tendency to re-soil a tad bit faster than a good crystalizing product (I generally prefer crystalizers). That said, as film formers go this one isn't too shabby...

It's got a very nice fragrance & does seem to prevent staining to a degree. Its great for low to medium traffic areas and a post HWE mist and bonnet chem. It also has some utility as a low cost emulsifier/in tank rinse.

The dilutions do leave a little bit to be desired but for the price its not a bad buy. Although the shipping can add up pretty fast with the single strength product. Go with the SR-2X if you're dead set on this product & don't live next door to Larry.

It is available here:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=65

Here is another Film Former from the same Manufacturer that showed some promise:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=66

It cleaned OK at 8oz per gallon but it was not what I had hoped for in that regard especially at that dilution rate. I ended up needing to use it at 12-16oz per gallon to get the cleaning power required for the account. That said they are VERY HIGH traffic restaurants that I cleaned with it & they did clean very easily for the next 2-3 scheduled cleanings.

Money well spent if you look at the future labor savings... Although I was still a tad dissapointed in the performance while cleaning & the re-soil wasn't what I'd hoped for. I just thought that it should have held up better considering it was a "clean and protect" product. But again, it did allow for much higher production on the next few services.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The single strength is "OK"... The 2X (Double Strength) is better... Honestly, I think Larry should bump up the concentration of detergent/surfactant about 25% & leave the lable directions & polymer percentage alone.

If you're certain you want a film former try this out side by side:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... cts_id=213

This one smells better then the one above:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... cts_id=212

You'll see what I'm saying... More concentrated, more cleaning power at label directions and cheaper to use especially if you have the product delivered.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Me and a friend did some testing a few years ago with encap cleaners and found the Cobb Encap to be one of the top 2 for cleaning and staying clean the longest.

Lone Wolf

I tried Cobbs encapsulate a few years ago to use in my Cimex and I couldn't get any foam. That was a deal breaker. Gotta have foam.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I dont care for powermaxx. I think it doest mix well. Also the instructions for mixing are very wide ranging from 2- 8 oz per gallon.I have also heard from a friend that he had the ph spike on him using that product making me usure if it is worth the risk to use it on residential. I have not tried his encapsulant. I have noticed with encap products you tend to get what ypu pay for. I stick to releasit and sometimes hotknife or snakeoil

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jon;

Our DC PowerMax has a pH of 11 when applied as a prespray.

It has a time-release oxidizer, which will take a few minutes to dissolve completely.

The pH will drop to ~8-9 after a fresh water rinse.

That pH range will not cause any adverse effects.

The Encapsulate SR will resist coffee and soft drink spills

better than other encaps on the market.

Larry

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
juniorc82 said:
I dont care for powermaxx. I think it doest mix well. Also the instructions for mixing are very wide ranging from 2- 8 oz per gallon.I have also heard from a friend that he had the ph spike on him using that product making me usure if it is worth the risk to use it on residential. I have not tried his encapsulant. I have noticed with encap products you tend to get what ypu pay for. I stick to releasit and sometimes hotknife or snakeoil

What is a PH Spike?

What is wrong with 2-8 ounces per gallon?
Match the dilution ratio to soiling conditions like any product.

Doesn't mix well?
With any powder,Try hot water and shake the jug next time.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
As far as the Encap SR, I have not used it for straight encap work but I have used a few 5 gallon containers as a Encap rinse with no complaints.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
2 - 8 oz is pretty wide mixing range.I dont use a tip on my hf.ave even mixing 5 gall rtu in my inline sprayer, that is equivalent to 10- 40 oz of powder to mix.Thats a ton of powder to mix up in a little jug. I have a friend who ph tested powermaxx mixed and I think he said it was nearly 12.5 or 13. Even if it was 11 ph as Larry just stated that is still too high (by iicrc standards) to use on stain resistant carpet.

I also would like to ask you larry what makes your encap product superior to all others as you just claimed on coffee spills? I guess I better send this case of releasit ds back to rick and tell him his product is inferior lol :lol:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
juniorc82 said:
I dont care for powermaxx. I think it doest mix well. Also the instructions for mixing are very wide ranging from 2- 8 oz per gallon.I have also heard from a friend that he had the ph spike on him using that product making me usure if it is worth the risk to use it on residential.

Dude, your missing out on one of the best all around performing and economical presprays on the market.
Forget about the 8oz per gallon reference, and forget about what your friend is telling you.
Mix early and HOT at 2-4 oz per gallon, give it a couple of shakes, and spray away.
You might have tried it during it's "reformulation", when there were some issues, but I can attest the stuff consistently kicks ass now.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
juniorc82 said:
Even if it was 11 ph as Larry just stated that is still too high (by iicrc standards) to use on stain resistant carpet.

I also would like to ask you larry what makes your encap product superior to all others as you just claimed on coffee spills?
The pH limit of 10 was kept by CRI from the initial Stainresist guidelines to keep it from yellowing.

That was corrected a year later, but the 10 number remained (supposedly for dye stability).

Most common oxidizers we use are 10.5 pH.

Our DC Encapsulate has a new Stainresist component,
that will resist staining by coffee and colas.

We think that is a important advantage for most commercial carpet cleaning.

Larry

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
juniorc82 said:
2 - 8 oz is pretty wide mixing range.I dont use a tip on my hf.ave even mixing 5 gall rtu in my inline sprayer, that is equivalent to 10- 40 oz of powder to mix.Thats a ton of powder to mix up in a little jug.

More confusion due to that 8oz/gal reference.
Comon' Larry, just remove it from your product info already.
I think it bugs me more than it bugs you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom