Any suggestions on these 2 rugs?

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
For you rug experts
Urine contamination on both rugs, customer was made aware of possible color bleeding/migration in flushing out the urine. Said to go ahead. Fiber Tested and it was ok but we may not have tested where urine was.
Used rug restorer in pit. Urine smell gone but....

Any ideas on making them look better?
Edit --black one is 100% new zealand karastan wool made in USA

Silk Turkish rug (16knots weft 14/15 warp- i need glasses)confirmed silk dissolved in chlorine

T
turkishsilkrugback.jpg

silkrugback.jpg

Turkishsilkrug.jpg

Karastanfront.jpg

Karastanrugtagandback.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
By the look of the label, I'm guessing they're Poly which would limit the amount of time and money to be spent on them. But I could be mistaken.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Karastan is probably OK, but the silk will be difficult to fix.

The nap distortion will have to be groomed out using a fine fiber brush like this
R44.jpg

and steam (not hot water). You have to carefully steam, then gently pick the nap up using the brush. Plan on several hours for this, then carefully trim any pulled fiber.

Good luck.

DUSTY

The silk rug needs a very experienced expert to work on it.

I recommend that you communicate with Ron Toney

He can fix almost anything silk.

http://silkrugcleaning.com/

Ps. Terry says that the silk rug is tinted black as it was half dipped in the same pit with the wool rug. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the black dye without damaging the rest of the silk rug?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Didn't see the close-ups before. I hope the dyebleed was there. Obviously you don't need a reprimand for putting them in the same bath.

You might be able to find someone that would be happy to take it on now, but if you want to work on it yourself...

I would try just cleaning it again and see what will move. Try a more alkaline product than you would normally, and spray on some household ammonia after the rug is wet out. Rinse like crazy until no more color moves. The next step is using color removers, and silk is very sensitive to these. Best of luck, I hope you won't have to make this part of your decor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom