Any tips on disinfectant spraying??

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
So our janitorial accounts are already calling freaking out over the Corona virus.
A couple days ago I went down a rabbit hole researching foggers, electrostatic sprayers etc
We have plenty of quat disinfectant
I actually found a company that says they have hurricane es sprayers in stock but finding the personal protective equipment to go with it is about impossible.
Any tips or insight???

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
freaking over corona?
How long does the virus live outside the host ?

does the CDC recommend spraying/fogging?
I'd follow their guidance before I'd go off the deep end

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
Yes freaking out over Corona
I've seen that they are fogging the inside of jets
The main reason I was looking into sprayers/foggers would be to cover areas more efficiently and quicker then normal sprayers
And yes I see the irony of closing a building for the weekend and spraying chemicals everywhere to kill a virus that probably dies on surfaces in 12-24 hours anyway

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes freaking out over Corona
I've seen that they are fogging the inside of jets
The main reason I was looking into sprayers/foggers would be to cover areas more efficiently and quicker then normal sprayers
And yes I see the irony of closing a building for the weekend and spraying chemicals everywhere to kill a virus that probably dies on surfaces in 12-24 hours anyway
Rather than spray everywhere, use something like benefect to wipe down all surfaces that people commonly touch. Door knobs, bathroom fixtures etc. The virus isn't going to leap from the floor, walls or ceiling and infect you. It's when you use the door knob that an infected person touched and pick your nose, wipe your mouth, touch your eyes, etc. Provide portable hand sanitizers and make it office policy to use them. If people are sick, make them stay at home.

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
While benefect is a great product it's a little expensive to be used all the time.
Think janitorial 3-5 times a week.
Whatever is used needs to be reasonably priced and time efficient.
That's why we went with a neutral pH quat disinfectant. It can actually be sprayed and left in non food service areas
I am not saying I'm a fan of covering surfaces in chemicals
Another thing is most the quat based products list human coronavirus on there efficiency/ kill sheet which makes customers feel good.
Does anybody have the kill claims or efficiency sheet for benefect products. I can't seem to find one

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
I found the efficiency sheets for benefect and they don't list human coronavirus. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't kill it yhough

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
We clean all the time with a sanitizer, virucide made by envirox called 02orange2. Then we have buckeye lemon quat for disinfecting

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I found the efficiency sheets for benefect and they don't list human coronavirus. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't kill it yhough
Mediclean 2 oz per gallon kills H1N1 Swine Flu. 35$ a concentrated gallon.
I also have BIOESQUE and their advertising says kills Corona Virus.
Doubt anything has actually been tested on it though.

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
Thanks Bob. You are correct that nothing has been tested on this strain yet. No manufacturer can garantee that there product kills this strain but many like the buckeye quat we have do list human coronavirus

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If I was responding directly to a customers request for corona virus then cost of the product wouldnt come into it

Whats effective, and practical comes 1st

Like you, I dont know if benefects decon30 covers corona virus specifically. But the price is partly reflective that it kills in 30 seconds which is realistically achievable

rather than 5-10mins for a lot of cheap quats, how do you keep the surface wet that length of time?

then you've got residual activity etc

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If I was responding directly to a customers request for corona virus then cost of the product wouldnt come into it

Whats effective, and practical comes 1st

Like you, I dont know if benefects decon30 covers corona virus specifically. But the price is partly reflective that it kills in 30 seconds which is realistically achievable

rather than 5-10mins for a lot of cheap quats, how do you keep the surface wet that length of time?

then you've got residual activity etc
I prefer the og benefect rather the second 30. Apparently there is a suggestion that it works on Corona virus in a EPA document. I can't find it right now but it works on other viruses.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ozone is also reputed to be effective on these types of viruses. The places cannot be occupied during the treatment. I wonder if hydroxyl machines would work?

Reactions: Hack Attack

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
On benefects website I looked at the links for the efficiency sheets. Neither the decon 30 or the botanical list human coronavirus but it still could work. I was talking to one supplier that said our daily cleaner envirox 02orange2 that is listed as a virucide and sanitizer but not a disinfectant may indeed contain enough hydrogen peroxide to disinfect but just hasn't been tested and certified at that level
And I'm not sure when I spray a doorknob with quat how long it really stays wet

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Ozone is also reputed to be effective on these types of viruses. The places cannot be occupied during the treatment. I wonder if hydroxyl machines would work?
air scrubbers would work if spec'd properly purely for containment

hydroxyls I could see keeping a building clear, but given the time it takes to create downstream radicals I dont think they would be much use if an infected person just walked in

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
I still think the non thermal fogger looks interesting but I think since it is a wet mist it would only be realistic in restrooms due to the electronics and paperwork in office areas
And the lack of available masks right now. I don't want to make a dollar this year and die next year because I inhaled gallons of quat mist

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You guys do realize this is not the standard corona virus but another more resistant strain. Corona virus = the plain old strain - gives you the common cold. This is a whole new ballgame.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
You guys do realize this is not the standard corona virus but another more resistant strain. Corona virus = the plain old strain - gives you the common cold. This is a whole new ballgame.
thats why I haven't/wont market it in anyway

there are too many unknowns

don't want to play on fear

though I've done treatment for noravirus in rest home before

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
I agree hack.
These are regular janitorial accounts asking for extra disinfecting
First thing I do is inform them that no products have been tested on this strain yet.
They don't care

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Braden, here is what you need. And it isn’t toxic, as all other virucides are.
yes, use an electrostatic sprayer such as the Hurricane ES.

realistic contact time, whats pricing work out like?

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
That looks like a good product.
But I just ordered enough concentrate to make 1200 gallons of quat. I can't go to crazy or I won't have enough money left to go to Costco for toilet paper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom