Any Transfer pumps recommendations?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've been having terrible luck with transfer pumps lately. The last two I bought on Amazon only lasted 2-4 days!
I think some of the problems may have been attributed to the Chimps running them dry. But after informing the chimps Not to do this-- I would hope this wouldn't still be the cause-- But who knows?-- they can be thick headed sometimes...So I've decided to take the luxury of On broad water supply away by delaying the repairs for a few weeks.

I've noticed most transfer pumps are only "intermittent duty", maybe this is the cause and the guys are using a lot more water then the pump can handle? The pumps I've been buying don't have that small tank (not the mixing tank) included-- could that be the cause?

thanks in advance for your help.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Go down to your local marine or rv dealership. They have lots of heavy duty 12v pumps. Take a look at Jabsco pumps
I've been buying marine and RV transfer pumps, even tried a Jabsco. I even connected to pumps directly to a battery to test b4 throwing them out.

I think I'm going to connect the fresh tanks directly to the Cat pump and forget about using a transfer pump... That's how it is on my Vortex and seldom, if ever, had a problem.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I tried a bunch of different pumps, and they would over heat.. Best to go with a direct replacement... What TM are you having a problem with?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mytee has a newer transfer pump that has been doing pretty good for us on our prop management side.

Last edited:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
On the PowerClean you won't be able to go without the transfer pump because of the way it's designed. You need the pump to fill the mix tank. My original Flojet that came with my PowerClean lasted about 4000 hours. I replaced it with one from Northern Tool and it has lasted well so far.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think if you are going through transfer pumps so often, it's because of what is passing through them. Either there is undissolved powder detergent or some form of gritty soil or you are exceeding the temp. limits. These pumps are pretty simple and usually work like Shane described. Take a good look at your system and see if there is something interfering with the flow.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I know I have run mine out of water on numerous occasions so I doubt that is the cause of your failures. Make sure your replacements have adequate flow capabilities to keep up with your usage.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have this one sitting here, I have installed it on HM truckmounts. It doesn't work for prochem because of the bladder tank.. Name your price, if it doesn't work for you send it back.

1463364304301.jpg

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
On the PowerClean you won't be able to go without the transfer pump because of the way it's designed. You need the pump to fill the mix tank. My original Flojet that came with my PowerClean lasted about 4000 hours. I replaced it with one from Northern Tool and it has lasted well so far.

we don't use the mixing tanks as designed-- so going directly to cat pump should be doable. I've changed 1 PowerClean TM to bypass the 2 dema valves-- maybe I should completely remove all the associated wiring?

I know I have run mine out of water on numerous occasions so I doubt that is the cause of your failures. Make sure your replacements have adequate flow capabilities to keep up with your usage.

I think the guys might be using more water then in the past-- but these last 2 pumps claimed they could run dry..--Maybe It's a wiring issue burning out the motors?

Able 1

Name
Keith
They should work great! They just don't do well with bladder tanks..

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
San Francisco has A lot of steep hills that we work on-- maybe this may cause the pump to suck air/water mixture if tanks are not full enough?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom