Any warm weather guys

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Any of you warm weather guys hiring??!!!??? :D Stuck in a blizzard again here in SD!! 22 inches of snow and the wind is blowing around 40 mph's!!! :evil: Would not mind moving to Florida, Texas, Arizona or anywhere south of South Dakota!!!!! :shock: :D Have plenty of experience and am a certified Master Textile Cleaner!!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
It's not really warm here at the moment.

08:39 Sunday morning, an overcast day with scattered showers predicted.

A miserable cool 78 f & a moderate 85% rh.

Looking out my front door:

IMGP0703.jpg

Looking out my back door:

IMGP0704.jpg

For those of you too young to know, the big screen is the old drive-in movies.

It's tough having to survive in the tropics. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Can't help you with a job though.

Sorry. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ooroo,

:lol:

PS ::: Why did they call it the Spearfish Normal School ??

Does Doris Day still yearn to go back there ??

Mikey P

Administrator
10 Reasons Why Others are Choosing Spearfish

* It's All About Money
Low cost of living translates to lower costs of doing business. Regional Financial Associates (RFA) Inc. ranked South Dakota as the LOWEST cost state to do business.
* It's All About Quality of Life
Rated by National Geographic's Adventure Magazine (sept. 2007) in the "Top 50 Best Places" to Live and Play and only one of 8 cities selected as a "Hot Spot" in America, Spearfish continues to be a destination for visitors and new residents alike.
* Put "NO" in Taxes
Imagine... a tax structure built around the word "NO"; NO state personal income tax, NO corporate income tax, NO personal property tax, and NO business inventory tax. You see, in Spearfish, SD profit is not a dirty word -- it's a reward and why not keep it?
* Entrepreneurial Friendliness
As reported by the Milkin Institute (2007), South Dakota is ranked #1 as the lowest cost state to do business. Also rank #1 "Enviroment for Entrepreneurs" by Small Business Survival Foundation (2006).
* Award Winning Education
With a university producing highly-qualified graduates and an award-winning public education system, we continue to meet labor and training requirements of new and expanding businesses. Ranked #1 in the United States with the most Internet-Connected Students.

* Sweetening the Pot
Our pro-business local, county and state governments offer several direct financial assistance programs and training incentives.
* Business Infrastructure
Spearfish owns and manages a fully developed professional business/industrial park served by a state-of-the art fiber optic telecommunications network.
* Low Employment Costs
Spearfish business enjoy some of the lowest cost worker's comp rates and unemployment insurance costs in the nation. Expansion Management Magazine recently rated our area as having the lowest unemployment insurance rates in the nation.
* Low Union Activity
Less than 1% of our labor force is involved in a union.
* Labor, Labor, Labor
Although most areas boost about their available labor supply, few can prove it. As a regional trade center with the state's 3rd largest university, Spearfish businesses are supported by one of the region's largest labor markets.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Doug D said:
Any of you warm weather guys hiring??!!!??? :D Stuck in a blizzard again here in SD!! 22 inches of snow and the wind is blowing around 40 mph's!!! :evil: Would not mind moving to Florida, Texas, Arizona or anywhere south of South Dakota!!!!! :shock: :D Have plenty of experience and am a certified Master Textile Cleaner!!
Doug, that is why God invented a word called "vacation" as in leaving South Dakota (actually any state with a consistent wind chill running less than zero) for the tropics till things warm up.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Actually there is an even better phrase than "vacation", Doug. It is "tax deductible tropical vacation" as in a repeat Strategies for Success seminar January 18-22 in Tampa Bay, Florida. I'll even do the beer run this time instead of Big Billy!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Fred Homan said:
Low labor costs....In other words they do not pay squat.... :shock:
The one Mikey found was obviously focused on luring the business sector to Spearfish. I'm sure they send a whole different flyer to the hoi polloi worker class moving there.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS However, I am sure NONE of their brochures mention the average mean winter temperature for Spearfish!

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Mikey P said:
10 Reasons Why Others are Choosing Spearfish

* It's All About Money
Low cost of living translates to lower costs of doing business. Regional Financial Associates (RFA) Inc. ranked South Dakota as the LOWEST cost state to do business. False! Property taxes are very high!!
* It's All About Quality of Life
Rated by National Geographic's Adventure Magazine (sept. 2007) in the "Top 50 Best Places" to Live and Play and only one of 8 cities selected as a "Hot Spot" in America, Spearfish continues to be a destination for visitors and new residents alike. ok you got me on that one!
* Put "NO" in Taxes
Imagine... a tax structure built around the word "NO"; NO state personal income tax, NO corporate income tax, NO personal property tax, and NO business inventory tax. You see, in Spearfish, SD profit is not a dirty word -- it's a reward and why not keep it?Not sure where you get your information!! Property taxes here are the highest in the state!
* Entrepreneurial Friendliness
As reported by the Milkin Institute (2007), South Dakota is ranked #1 as the lowest cost state to do business. Also rank #1 "Enviroment for Entrepreneurs" by Small Business Survival Foundation (2006).
* Award Winning Education
With a university producing highly-qualified graduates and an award-winning public education system, we continue to meet labor and training requirements of new and expanding businesses. Ranked #1 in the United States with the most Internet-Connected Students.LOL

* Sweetening the Pot
Our pro-business local, county and state governments offer several direct financial assistance programs and training incentives.
* Business Infrastructure
Spearfish owns and manages a fully developed professional business/industrial park served by a state-of-the art fiber optic telecommunications network.Really?
* Low Employment Costs
Spearfish business enjoy some of the lowest cost worker's comp rates and unemployment insurance costs in the nation. Expansion Management Magazine recently rated our area as having the lowest unemployment insurance rates in the nation.
* Low Union Activity
Less than 1% of our labor force is involved in a union.
* Labor, Labor, Labor
Although most areas boost about their available labor supply, few can prove it. As a regional trade center with the state's 3rd largest university, Spearfish businesses are supported by one of the region's largest labor markets.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That sucks Doug....for us, working in the other SD area is I guess a bit better! :D especially when my Chargers are kickin' butt!!!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Spearfish and the surrounding parks and mountains/canyons are quite beautiful and would be great to ride a bike around in.

Business-wise, North Dakota currently has the lowest unemployment rate in the US and for a State with a population of 600k and a government surplus of 6 Billion is clearly run a whole lot better than most States.

Quit your whining Doug it could be a lot worse - trust me.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
all right I will quit whining then!! It is just pictures like Shorty's that I am jealous of right now!! As I speak there is a 6' drift on my front steps!!!! :roll:

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Steve Toburen said:
PS Actually there is an even better phrase than "vacation", Doug. It is "tax deductible tropical vacation" as in a repeat Strategies for Success seminar January 18-22 in Tampa Bay, Florida. I'll even do the beer run this time instead of Big Billy!

Am going to see you both again, but not until September in Roselle! You convinced me to start buying from JonDon and earned a free seat at SFS!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Doug D said:

I have a warm jacket I could lend you.........I don't think I need it.....

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
come on down to st augustine..it is going to be sunny and 75 tomorrow..i was fishing christmas day on the beach.
it does get cold down here though..we sometimes have to turn the heat on for a few hrs.

Name
Ron lippold
its colder than a polar bears ass on the shady side of an ice berg like 17 this morning and yes we are working,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom