Any you guys using a power inverter in the van?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
You keep an inverter in the van to keep electric sprayer and stuff charged?
Which you using?
Has it been reliable?
Can you leave it plugged in with no worries?

Name
Matt Middleton
We have inverters on the vans. We rarely used them. Once a year someone calls and they dont have power turned on yet. We run butlers so they engine keeps the inverter running. We need power for vacuuming, running the Trex and a couple of blowers to dry the carpet fast. We ocassionaly need to run lights on the same type of job.

We tried to use the inverter to recharge tools but it was a hassle.
Also, your really can't mount them so that you can plug in any time. We have to pop the hood, place the inverter close 2-3 feet attach the jumper type cables and turn it on. Then run a drop cord from inverter to the location in the home. When needed they get the job done.

Reactions: Ever-Fresh

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
We have inverters on the vans. We rarely used them. Once a year someone calls and they dont have power turned on yet. We run butlers so they engine keeps the inverter running. We need power for vacuuming, running the Trex and a couple of blowers to dry the carpet fast. We ocassionaly need to run lights on the same type of job.

We tried to use the inverter to recharge tools but it was a hassle.
In other words….charge your stuff in-house. Not worth the setup.

Reactions: Matt Middleton

scotty747

I have one that runs the fire breather. Wired from the battery to a secondary battery to the inverter all the time. cds so it dosent kill the battery. Great for plugging the crb at the van to clean it after use.

Name
Nate W.
I have one that runs the fire breather. Wired from the battery to a secondary battery to the inverter all the time. cds so it dosent kill the battery. Great for plugging the crb at the van to clean it after use.

Are you running a battery isolator as well?

scotty747

Came in handy Friday. First time in 10 years I can remember the power being out on a job. He had a big ass honda generator waiting for me if I did need it. Must have really wanted them carpets cleaned. 5 stars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom