Anybody Color Sealing Grout....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Anybody color sealing or have you tried color sealing grout on a natural stone floor....like Jeruselem tile? I've got a request to check out a natural tile with wide grout lines, and they might want to color seal the grout.

Problems???

RickL

I have never done Jeruselem tile, however I have done a lot of color sealing. I can't tell if the tile is porous or not, I know Jeruselem Stone is, but if it is then don't do it. I have done some on Mexican unglaxed tile and it was a bit@h. If it's glazed then I don't see a problem.

Spurling

You'd have to be an artist to accomplish that .. it can be done if you're careful not to get it on the tile .. Id never do it .. would take too much time ..

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
RickL said:
I have never done Jeruselem tile, however I have done a lot of color sealing. I can't tell if the tile is porous or not, I know Jeruselem Stone is, but if it is then don't do it. I have done some on Mexican unglaxed tile and it was a bit@h. If it's glazed then I don't see a problem.

Yes....the Jerusalem tile is very porous! The installer is having me clean it, and he will seal it afterwards. (Thats the deal....I clean, he seals). He originally installed it 10 years ago. A lot of natural stone tile installers "own" the job after installing natural stone for life! I clean for a few, but they do the sealing afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom