Anybody else order chems in bulk to save money?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I bought a 55 gallon barrel of Saiger's P-Lyme. Took me a year to get through it all. That was 275 gallons of urine work I went through. I'm now down to using Uturn (which I reserve for my delicate stuff) because I'm out of everything. @T Monahan. I've lost 2 unopened gallons of Uturn now while sitting on my shelf. The seams on the jugs split and leaked out everywhere. :( This stuff is too expensive to let leak out everywhere. I'll be ordering more soon and wrapping them in plastic bags.

F

FB7777

I always paid my mortgages off as soon as I could also but couldn't believe the mortgage rate my daughter received the other day.
At 2.875 there may be better places to park that extra money?
True If you had the lump sum then there is definitely better ways to achieve that return

I just made additional principle payments until I was done with my mortgage

my rate in 1994 was 8.25 % back then though

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
True If you had the lump sum then there is definitely better ways to achieve that return

I just made additional principle payments until I was done with my mortgage

my rate in 1994 was 8.25 % back then though
Market on fire Fred. Remember that horrble trade i did where the stock did a 15:1 reverse split? I’m back in the black now. Thanks to you and a lottle bit of Apple, tsla, hal, and LIT.

F

FB7777

Market on fire Fred. Remember that horrble trade i did where the stock did a 15:1 reverse split? I’m back in the black now. Thanks to you and a lottle bit of Apple, tsla, hal, and LIT.
Awesome !!those Contango instruments are scary

Oil is back , if you still like the sector I’d get out of UCO and grab a dividend play lik XOM

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Awesome !!those Contango instruments are scary

Oil is back , if you still like the sector I’d get out of UCO and grab a dividend play lik XOM
I recently put some extra cash into PSHZF. Its a green play and this fund has beat the market pretty good over the last few years. So far I’m up 2% on it.

Yeah, I got out of UCO awhile ago. That was a hard ride.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

30 year home mortgages and 7 year auto loans should be illegal

interest vs principle is awful in the first third of the loan

These long term loans and low interest rates are why housing prices are so ridiculously high in the first place

banks are getting filthy rich off the working class dopes that are happy to hand them over $2 grand a month in interest for having the privilege of having a roof over their head that they may never actually OWN because somewhere down the road the ReFinance and take out equity

sheeple

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's a balancing act between having fresh full quality chemicals, storage space, rotating old stock and the PITA factor.

Some labels deteriorate in just a few months. The contents may also degrade. Locking myself into always needing to use "old" products is probably false economy.

I try to not run out, while ordering enough to negate shipping. Beyond that I see no economic benefit in stockpiling as much as I do already.

Saving 20% on 5% of my costs for me is not a big deal. If 1% is a big deal to you there are probably other areas to get it more easily.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Don't know how your tax system is structured but buying at the right time makes sense for us as a claimable deduction.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Thanks Ross!

Everybody knows I speak the truth!

Must be the reason I don't get FREE stuff anymore!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I always paid my mortgages off as soon as I could also but couldn't believe the mortgage rate my daughter received the other day.
At 2.875 there may be better places to park that extra money?
I need to refi....and go to a 15 year. Hope rates are still low once I can qualify for a mortgage redo. Hard to do when on forbearance and unemployment. I have excellent credit (above 800) and equity in the house , no PMI. Have been paying my escrow but they won’t consider me.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
??

supplies are expensed in the fiscal year they are paid for

Does it differ where you’re from ?
we have our annual tax but also a sales tax that in our case is two-monthly. As we immediately write off supplies (i.e. don't hold as a stock item) it is expensed immediately. In times of high sales by buying in supplies it lessens the sales tax payable for the period. There also some other" creative but legal" ways to defer tax

Reactions: FB7777

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We usually order chems by the pallet. I’m doing so, we save on not only shipping, but get a bulk discount aswell.
Anybody else believe in this school of thought?

(on average, we save 300-400$ doing it this way)

I believe this is smart business....
I bet Hardball will sell you bulk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom