Anybody have experience with the 370SS in the field

Dirtmonger

Just wondering if anybody here has an opinion on the new Sapphire Scientific line of truckmounts particularily the 370SS. Its got all the standard industry stuff Kohler 20hp, GD 4006 Tri-lobe blower, Cat 3CP pump. The belt cooling blower seems like a nice feature. Apparantly the heat control system is where the technology was most highly applied. Reportedly a stainless two stage blower/exhaust design with simple vacuum controlled diverter that is reportedly very accurate at controlling water temps up to 250 degrees. Wondering what temps this could hold with a rotary tool or typical 6 flow wand. The space saving design, I would bet is one of those features that can't be appreciated until after it is installed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dirtmonger said:
Just wondering if anybody here has an opinion on the new Sapphire Scientific line of truckmounts particularily the 370SS. Its got all the standard industry stuff Kohler 20hp, GD 4006 Tri-lobe blower, Cat 3CP pump. The belt cooling blower seems like a nice feature. Apparantly the heat control system is where the technology was most highly applied. Reportedly a stainless two stage blower/exhaust design with simple vacuum controlled diverter that is reportedly very accurate at controlling water temps up to 250 degrees. Wondering what temps this could hold with a rotary tool or typical 6 flow wand. The space saving design, I would bet is one of those features that can't be appreciated until after it is installed.

as far as I know, CU is the only member here that owns one.

Just from "hearing" about it, and not even seeing one in "real" life, the small footprint for a "mid sized" TM is one of the features that attracts my interest the most.
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the field after several years on the road.

I'm not naive enough to believe that any TM manufacture gets it "all" right the first time on a new design
I suspect there will be warts found in the design that need changed or engineering tweaks to the platform.
R&D goes a long way, but there's just no substitute for a "diverse" segment of rug suckers running a TM daily to reveal those warts

I'm also reasonably sure a top outfit like Mr Brudder runs will address and make mods/changes as those warts become apparent

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty,
Till he does, I'll answer for him.
He has both. A Judson Reactor which he really likes.
And a Saphire 370 which his technician prefers.
So I guess he likes them both.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
yep i gots both a reactor.and the 370... . and wed was the frist day i worked all day with the ss. it came with 75ft of 2.5 vac hose and i got the filter box. both of which now take up space in my garage. the seal on the filter box went and i have replaced it 3 times ..so that became a pain in my arse. Bill did say they have a new seal for them but i aint seen it. so until i get one the box is off the truck
the 2.5 hose is off because i needed the room on the reel for reg 2" hose we need to carry 250 ft of hose on the truck and with a slimline reel that ment 2 coils of 2" had to sit in the back of the truck on the floor

the machine and reels sit at the side doors of the van (07 Econoline) just snug

i like that it is compact and quite
i dont like that it still has the old inline fresh water filters which clog easy and are a pain to take out clean and replace and theres planty of belt dust on top of the machine covers
seems to hold 210 on a 12" greenhorn at 400 psi
180 on a 14 " greenhorn at 600psi

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
he still loves the ss. and it,s working everyday with no problems we did a couple of water jobs with it last week and a big hallway job
so its doing what it was made for ...bringing in money

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Great to hear - they look like such unbelievably compact units. You said you were getting 180 ok with the Greenhorn at 600 psi - what's the flow on the Greenhorn? (12+?)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom