Anybody have VOIP with DSL service?

Name
Evets
I'm moving out of range of cable and will be forced to use DSL for internet service.
I use VOIP for my business phone which is fine with cable, but I'm concerned about how well it will work with DSL.
Anybody have any experience?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have VOIP with DSL and it works great. It has actually been much more reliable than when I had cable. I do have the fastest DSL that is offered by my company though.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I have a secondary line via MagicJack at home over DSL. It works fine.

I took it down to a friend's house about 150 miles from here, plugged it in and he was amazed at how well it sounds.

A friend of mine uses Packet8 for his business as his entire phone system. Works great on DSL. But he now has it on T1. The cool thing about Packet 8 is that you can have phones at different places around the country or around the world, and the "switchboard" ties them all together with "Press 1 for Technical Support, Press 2 for Sales", etc. So it's just like transferring to another extension if someone calls in.

Name
steve snail
cable is what the geezers would call a "party line"

DSL is a dedicated line

magic jack has gotten much better

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Steve in Omaha said:
cable is what the geezers would call a "party line"

DSL is a dedicated line

magic jack has gotten much better

Uh huh...until it hits the switch....

I like moving mine through cable (2.5") vs DSL (1.5")

check into wireless...uhhhhh lemme see whats that name???? Digis i believe, see if they have that there..have heard good things about wireless latly...

fookin slow pokes here, waiting for them to get the fiber in....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom