Anybody in the Tennessee area got a truck/mount to loan Billy and Audra Hicks?

J

JS41035

Before you edited you said "does anyone have an extra Truckmount ?" I was curious if he had something to put it in. But I guess not. My WM has goofy tranny troubles. Or I would loan it to him for a few days a week. Nashville is about 1 hour and 45 min from me.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dang that could cost upwards of 8000-10000 dollars depending if their core is good or bad.

Hope they can find a good used one or something.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What part(s) of the engine failed?

Audra posted on Facebook.

Not sure if I am getting all this correct (hope I am) but sounds like motor was overheated. Head cracked (white smoke coming out) and would guess water into the block.

Last I read, it did not sound good as to a rebuild.

Only 45,000 miles on the unit. Freak problems occur, but dang, just expensive and then puts you out of business for awhile too.

My Brother Kirk Saiger is also trying to make some contacts with some people he knows to see if anyone has a unit maybe they can borrow, but being such a distance away, it is hard to pull off help of this nature.

Hope something good can come along to help.

Audra indicated there is no warranty on the motor

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That happened to one of mine but it was the fault of a previous idiot employees inability to understand that the loud beeping coming from the dash meant pull over and call the boss. Instead he kept driving because according to him " I was only 8 miles from the shop and thought I could make it" overheated the Nissan motor cracking the block on the vortex to the tune of about 12000 dollars. Needless to say we didn't fix that truck as it was a 777 without modification or any investment other than buying the truck.

Name
Steve Lawrence
It isn't for everybody but some of us have very capable backup equipment ready to go in case of an emergency like this. Yes, it is a huge expense to have that kind of capability ready as backup but when you need help it's there, ready to go. And, of course, it has other functions when the dual wand cleaning need arises. It's a luxury for my business that I gladly support.

F

FB7777

Damn that stinks

Should always have a second van ( or a backup if you are multi truck ) once you are established

I'd go shopping ASAP and hold onto the unit even after my main truck is up and running

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Maybe a CFX and a rotovac 360i as a back up or a trailer mount! I have 2 vans and they're both out 3 days a week one's out 5 to 6 days.

Still if and when I have 2 trucks out 5 to 6 days a week, thats when I'll pull the trigger on another unit. Maybe one like Tom M, make my oldest machine a backup! In 2 years I'll have no van payments thats when I'm getting a new rig for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Billy

Name
BH
Haven't been here in quite some time but wanted to thank everyone for thinking of us when our truck was down. It was expensive for sure (I took it to the best shop in the area which wasn't cheap) but could have been worse according to the shop.

We was lucky & most clients were able to wait for our truck to be fixed. We had two high profile clients that just needed the job done ASAP though. Luckily for us we was able to borrow a truck for a couple of days from a GREAT set of Father Son friends we have known since we started in business.

The Big Bear Truck is running GREAT & there was no permanent damage according to mechanic. All was fixed with no short cuts taken.

Thanks Again to everyone that thought about us.

Billy

Name
BH
Any advise to those that have your same truck.

Well I didn't get much warning really & I have my truck inspected every year to try to find issues before they become a problem. The shop told me the main cause was the EGR Cooler which caused the truck to run hot very quickly all at once. He told me there wasn't much I could have done to prevent the failure.

He did say he was going to try to find me a after market high temp shut-off switch to try to prevent future damage. For my part I really watch both the Temp Gauge & the dash warning light very closely. I also plan on having the EGR Cooler examined by the shop frequently but he said this isn't foolproof.

One thing I did change was I purchased the expensive Red Diesel Antifreeze specifically for trucks. The shop also was very surprised there wasn't any engine/block damage & contributes this to my use of Synthetic oil.

I recently had the Water in fuel warning light come on & was ready to just have it towed in but ended up finding out it was a shorted sensor wire. It seems when the previous shops changed the fuel filter they just twisted the sensor instead of disconnecting it which eventually caused it to short.

Still it was another scare since we all know what kind of damage can happen to a diesel from too much water in the fuel.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
normally one of the first signs of a erg cooler going bad is coolant useage,Goes out the exhaust in a cummins any way.
these egr engines are a pain.

Billy

Name
BH
normally one of the first signs of a erg cooler going bad is coolant useage,Goes out the exhaust in a cummins any way.
these egr engines are a pain.

Yes that was one of the signs the shop asked me about. In my case though I check my trucks fluids, lights etc almost ever time we go out for the day.

There was no loss of fluid before in this case at least. one good thing came out of this was, the Big Bear Truck did have a very small oil leak that was fixed during the down time.

F

FB7777

The official mechanics diagnosis was gasket atrophy from lack of use

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom