Anybody know anything about Namco portables

Frank P.

The unit I wonder about is the Beast. 4 vac motors, 500 PSI etc...Anybody used one?

Frank P.

Billy

Name
BH
I have an old Husky we keep just in case we get a call for a downtown loft or something. We started out our Carpet business in the beginning with it & quickly decided to buy a truck mount. It has held up well but I have been told by a distributor they aren't made like ours anymore.

The Husky has 2 3 stage vacs & a 150 psi pump we actually use a water otter with it so that it will work with our truck mount tools better. It is very simple & easy to use for a portable.

Greenie

I've received a few calls from Beast owners, some have fires from the wiring, others have pump issues, and I'm not sure what they were thinking with the 4 - 2 stage vac motors in series?
One customer added about 8" of welded metal to the top tank, something about capacity being uneven and needing more space.
Actually I've yet to have a positive call on the unit.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Greenie why would they call YOU about some elses portable?

Are you now an engineer? :roll:

F

FB7777

Jimmy, why would you assume they called Greenie ABOUT the Beast.

Maybe they were inquiring about glides or other performance enhancements for their death trap fire hazard POS portable?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
when the ads have some cheasy guy from the mid 80's wearing daisy duke shorts holding a pressure wand that should tell you all you need to know

Ed Hartman

Frank, go to www.icsmag.com, go to "search" and type in "Eclipse". Might get some useful info that way. Darlene owns one over on the sex, religion, purple flame, buttbanger, racist board, errrr I mean Blue Board

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
Namco Portables

I bought a Namco Portable, called the Scooter in 1987after using other small portable equipment starting in 1983 . I still have this machine.
It has 2 - 3stage Lamb vacs. 100 psi pump. My Dad and I built our buisness on this portable and for the next 12 years this was our bread and butter.
I was hard pressed to persuade potential customers to let us clean their carpets. We even cleaned the offices of the former Houston Oilers football team with this portable. And many other properties owned by Bud Adams, The owner.
I think Namco built a very reasonably priced Portable. It withstood a lot of abuse. We replaced the vacs and pumps many times also. But that was expected. Needles to say my overhead was very low. My Son Used the Namco Scooter also in his own Carpet Cleaning Company for several years.
He now runs a very successful business in Michigan called Three Generations
Carpet Cleaning.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the Eclipse looks strong. but i would goto the ICS forum and search the word: Eclipse

read the tons of posts on it and then email and call the end users for exact feedback.

thanx --- Derek.

G

Look at their dehu's its a sears dehu strapped to a dolly What the #@$% is that. How do they sell them?

Here is a secret of Namco on the chems they are pretty good and cheap!

You can order the Magum Blue pre pray for like $15 a gallon or you can by what Namco says "the factory pack" for $200 and its raw chems that you can mix together and make 55 gallons of concetrate not a bad deal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom