Anybody run 2.5 to the wand?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Got some 2.5 hose and external cuffs (Hydro-force?) today. Anybody run 2.5 all the way to the wand? My local distributor runs it all the way to the wand. I tried it. That hose is stiff.

Do you get used to it? Does the hose get more flexible with use?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
tried it for a day.. and will in a bind.. didn't see that much improvement over a non restricted 2 Inch whip. there is a point of diminishing returns.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Every once in a while I do but usually because I do not feel like getting my 10 foot hose out after I do some upholstery. 2.5 hose is just too stiff to work with I think.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
There are 2 different types of 2.5 that we have on our trucks. One is very flexible and can be used indoors. The other SUCKS!!! Unfortunate part is that you can only get the good flexible hose from a guy in Washington who has a HUGE attitude problem -

postaldave

I run 75feet from the truck to the front door of home, and 50ft of 2inch to the wand. My Drying Times are 1 to 1 &1.2 hrs. Does Great. If you need a more flexable hose 2&1/2 inch E-mail me . 50ft for $75.00 + shipping New. Very Flexable.and strong. And am the juy who introduced the Pool Filter to our industry.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

MerCrewser

I have, for 3 years now. Once a year I have to cut about a foot off the hose due to kinking where it attaches to the wand. Not bad.

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
I tried it in an empty house once and just found it to be a waste of time. I don't care how flexible you may find some, have fun in tight areas or when finishing a flight of stairs with a clusterfuk of hose beneath you.

I use only 50 ft now and found a happy medium. I'd say 90% of my runs are 100-125 feet.

postaldave

Got some 2.5 hose and external cuffs (Hydro-force?) today. Anybody run 2.5 all the way to the wand? My local distributor runs it all the way to the wand. I tried it. That hose is stiff.

to bad you paid to much for it. postaldave

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
If it's a large open area with very little or no furniture I will run a 2 1/2" vacuum hose right to my 2" Ti wand. There is a slight increase in vacuum not using my 25' of 2" whip but as others have said, the PITA factor outweighs the gain in vacuum.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
postaldave said:
Johnny said:

to bad you paid to much for it. postaldave

Thanks a rot for tellin me AFTER I bought it. I'll be in touch.

Billy

Name
BH
I have never tried 2.5" all the way but we do use 2.5" with a 16' 2" lead hose regularly which works well for us.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
A few years ago I started out with 2.5 all the way except for a 7 foot whip. It keeps breaking and I keep sawing a little bit off and now I would say I have a 3 ft whip. Probably why my wand seems heavier. And I thought I was just getting older. Use about 8 feet for a whip and you will be fine.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
few guys used to post about running 2.5 to the wand a few years back. I tried it, but really didn't see enough difference from running my 50ft lead 2" length other than the 2" is MUCH easier to work with.

S

sam miller

I got my first from Jondon very thin kinks, pretty light, but still kinks would lead to having to cut the hose down.

paid about $150.00, The so called pain from Washington hooked me up with one well below that price its a lot thicker doesnt kink

but either way as a lead hose 2 1/2 is a pain. I do run between 50 to 75 ft and with a 25 ft 2 inch lead.

Still if I need to run 150 to 200 which is never I do 99 percent residential homes I could run the first 100 ft at 2.5

I will say with my prochem ti wand and my 405 in second gear with 2.5 all the way to wand the carpets are dry to the touch with 10

flow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom