Anybody running filterless?

T

tconway

danielc said:
I wasn't talking about removing the blower filter. I was talking about removing the metal basket and inline filters. The prochem tank design is set up to where nothing really gets to the blower filter. It only needs to be cleaned every couple of months and even then it isn't dirty. I would never clean though without it because it is the last line of defense in keeping small particles out of the blower. If I removed the metal basket and inline filters I would get lint in the tank but I could filter it out when I dump. Like I said earlier it is probably not worth the extra hassel, but I am just curious to see how much vac I am loosing because when I hook up directly to the machine even with the metal basket my suction is a lot stronger. Removing the metal basket would just allow the machine to never have any air flow restriction.
I run a Prochem Legend that I run 4 2 dr I do not use the in tank basket, I was useing a 2.5 mod Hydro filter but we have now built our own in line filter we are going to market them, We are not losing air flow with this filter like with the HF we only clean it at the end of the day and we maintain the air flow ALL DAY I carry a cfm meter and I'm always testing. We sell them in all hose configurations including the Y config for running 4 2 Dr no need for the Y with this filter.
As far as what you gain going filterless if you are running a stock HF with ss filter you loss about 35 CFM be for you ever start to clean, within 10-15 minutes of cleaning it is going down even more. You will notice a difference in performance and you will notice how much a pain it is to clean out your tank. I do mostly Property managment jobs and I have went thru a few vacuum cleaners so we dont pre vac as much as we should I just let the filter catch it all.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tconway said:
I was useing a 2.5 mod Hydro filter but we have now built our own in line filter we are going to market them,

I do mostly Property managment jobs and I have went thru a few vacuum cleaners so we dont pre vac as much as we should I just let the filter catch it all.

We are not losing air flow with this filter like with the HF we only clean it at the end of the day and we maintain the air flow ALL DAY .

welcome aboard Conway

lets see a pic of your better mouse trap

..L.T.A.

T

tconway

Ok I will let you all have a look. I have been working with Joe B. I brought this to him after we had a conversation about how poor the current in line filter was. He told me to go design a new filter come to him when I had something to show him and we would go from there. I did and now we are going to market and sell them. I can make them in any hose config a guy is running. 2.0, 2.5, 4 2 dr, the filter becomes the Y. This Filter does not reduce the flow!!!
DevastatorFilter001-1.jpg
I did some vids in action They are crapy but they prove the point there are several test runs and they are all titled so you know what is going on http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr17 ... tor005.flv
Devastatorfrontveiw001.jpg

T

tconway

Joe and I have been working together for some time now. He and I just clicked but the last time I used a HF I was on a job and the custy asked what the HF was, I told him it was a pre filter to keep all that crap from going into my waste tank. They always Pre Vac for me, so when I saw the vacuum I figured they did it. NOT the HF Plugged on me like three times in the first room. I would have vaced then but I had already pre sprayed. It was not heavy soil it was very fine and it coated the panty hose and would just stop the air, after opening the HF and all the water spilling out all over the entry I hucked it out the door and went filterless from then on. When talking to Joe about it thats when he gave me the mission to go and design a filter for carpet cleaners that would work for the whole job and not plug up, It came out better than that I have cleaned for two days !! We made it with recessed ports in the back so you can stand it up in the van, takes about as much room as a hudson sprayer, Its practicalley bullet proof, comes with Cool Cuffs. The filter bags are washable but cheap enough you can toss'em if you want. Thats it not going to say anymore I'm not hear to push my stuff you asked thats it, Ok I don't want to get in trouble.

lance

Mr. Conway, a filter bag is supposed to filter lots of junk......how much junk was in your waste tank after going 2 days without cleaning out the filter bag?

The vids are great. Thanks for making them. Have you thought of using a metal screen like the HF has instead of the filter bag? With maybe smaller holes. Does the bag catch as much junk as panty hose does?

Thanks for your effort.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Duane Oxley at Acellerated Cleaning Systems makes a stainless steel filter that mounts in your van that can go days without being emptied and you never lose vacuum. It's priced around $550. Is your filter less than that?

T

tconway

lance said:
Mr. Conway, a filter bag is supposed to filter lots of junk......how much junk was in your waste tank after going 2 days without cleaning out the filter bag?

The vids are great. Thanks for making them. Have you thought of using a metal screen like the HF has instead of the filter bag? With maybe smaller holes. Does the bag catch as much junk as panty hose does?

Thanks for your effort.

I clean my blower filter about every two weeks. I still get the small sediment in the bottom of the tank. Where I'm at it is like fine black iron. Very little hair on the blower filter I run knee highs on that. The mesh is coming in between the srceen of the HF and panty hose So it is in the middle of the two.

T

tconway

hogjowl said:
Duane Oxley at Acellerated Cleaning Systems makes a stainless steel filter that mounts in your van that can go days without being emptied and you never lose vacuum. It's priced around $550. Is your filter less than that?
That is a top notch unit,everthing Duane Oxley makes is TOP QUALITY to me I would love to have one of his TM's someday.

T

tconway

hogjowl said:
Looks like ... maybe ... $150 to me. :roll:
Sorry to disapoint you in the price range, If I could sell it for less I would but as of now the first 20 are 250.00 after that they will go up to 299.00 The bags are disposable,they last for a couple weeks per bag but they do get thrown away. Price for the bags is 3.95 for two.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tconway said:
hogjowl said:
That is a top notch unit,everthing Duane Oxley makes is TOP QUALITY to me I would love to have one of his TM's someday.

thats bulllllll shit

porky would NEVER pay that much fer something :lol: :lol: !gotcha!

Name
Nate W.
tconway said:
hogjowl said:
Looks like ... maybe ... $150 to me. :roll:
Sorry to disapoint you in the price range, If I could sell it for less I would but as of now the first 20 are 250.00 after that they will go up to 299.00 The bags are disposable,they last for a couple weeks per bag but they do get thrown away. Price for the bags is 3.95 for two.

What's the diameter of the filter?

I think it's a good idea. You don't need a Y to use 4-2-door.

I did see Jim Martin's setup using 2 non restricted HF pool filters then a Y, then 2" hose off of it. With his setup, you don't loose much airflow because of the way it's plumbed.

lance

What is the material the filter body is made out of? How long do you think it will last with everyday use?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Looks a lot like PVC sewer pipe to me. Correct me if I'm wrong. Fairly durable but scratches up easily.

SMI_PVCPipeGreenSmall.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I run an in-line filter just like Jim Martin's. In fact, I learned about it from Jim. I don't remember, but I know I didn't pay over $150 for it and doing the retro thing was easy. All it costs me now is one or two knee high panty hoses a day.

I don't think I need a $300 filter.

If I ever think I do ... I'll just go in the office and get Duane's filter basket.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
hogjowl said:

Thanks, Mardy. I call it the "UltraFlow".

We make it to order, so it takes about a week after the order is placed, before we can ship.

The reason it's made to order is that it's available in so many configurations, that it's difficult to stock them all:

3" to the machine (for 47 blowers, etc.) and 2.5" inlet
3" and (2) 2" inlets
3" to the machine and a 2.5" and a 2" inlet
2.5" to the machine and 2.5" inlet
2.5" to the machine and (2) 2" inlets.
2" to the machine, etc...

T

tconway

dgardner said:
Looks a lot like PVC sewer pipe to me. Correct me if I'm wrong. Fairly durable but scratches up easily.

Ok Let me say.Do you look at a metal box filter and say "LOOKS LIKE METAL TO ME" ?
You are correct what you need to ask is what is the perfomance value of the product. Yes it is PVC very strong.One of the suggestions one of the guys testing said it would be awesome to do a wrap like company logo or if you bring the filter to the house like I do to put a wrap with say ask about carpet protectant. Something in that nature. The two HF's set up is a good set up but somewhere in the price range of what by the time you buy 2 HF 2 SS screens 2 Cool Cuff Conversion Kits. Somewhere around 200-250. Now you have 2 filters that need to be cleaned. And the HF looses performance when its clean. In the Vid that I shot with the HF sucking in the debris I was shocked myself in the # it was still pulling. I have never got that much debris in my HF before my wand was perkulating EVER.(water not going up the wand)Even with Panty hose in fact I think panty hose clogged faster. I'm not saying the filter is for everyone but is does perform very well over the HF. DO YOU SAY IT LOOKS LIKE A POOL FILTER. We are carpet cleaners not pool cleaners. The box filters are great but dont have the movability to bring to the door.Custys always ask to see what I get out of there carpet when they see the filter.Its good to be able to show them. Remember everything started out of something before metal,plastic whatever to say "IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME" is beside the point. How does it perform is it going to improve my cleaning,dry times,efficency,productivity, how is it going to HELP ME that should be the questions. I don't care if you buy it some will some wont but it does perform for sure. We are just getting started as it sells and I have more money to invest I will continue to develope the looks of the filter over time.thats what a lot of manuf. do as they can afford more money to invest in there products.

T

tconway

Hi Tom!
No, I haven't been online too much lately. The filter is GREAT! I went down n got some new filter bags the other day cuz we did a house for a lady that rescues cats and that pretty much did the bag in, even tho we used the bag to clean about 3500 sq. ft. after that and it still worked great! She had about 100 cats that live in the house, so lotsa hair! By the way, we are waiting on a case of Duane Oxley's Clean Streak and i'm gonna give you a jug to try on some of your nasty carpets,when we get it.

This is from a Guy that has a demo.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
tconway said:
whatever to say "IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME" is beside the point.

Actually, it was the whole point of my post. The man asked what it was made of, and how durable. I said PVC, and fairly durable. It was a positive comment, no need to get bent out of shape. We weren't talking to custy's, just amongst ourselves. Soothing color too...

The dump valve on my porty is a sewage dump valve for an RV - it works fine. Lots of folks in this industry use stuff in a way that was not originally intended. No problem with that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tconway said:
dgardner said:

Ok Let me say.Do you look at a metal box filter and say "LOOKS LIKE METAL TO ME" ?
You are correct what you need to ask is what is the perfomance value of the product. Yes it is PVC very strong.One of the suggestions one of the guys testing said it would be awesome to do a wrap like company logo or if you bring the filter to the house like I do to put a wrap with say ask about carpet protectant. Something in that nature. The two HF's set up is a good set up but somewhere in the price range of what by the time you buy 2 HF 2 SS screens 2 Cool Cuff Conversion Kits. Somewhere around 200-250. Now you have 2 filters that need to be cleaned. And the HF looses performance when its clean. In the Vid that I shot with the HF sucking in the debris I was shocked myself in the # it was still pulling. I have never got that much debris in my HF before my wand was perkulating EVER.(water not going up the wand)Even with Panty hose in fact I think panty hose clogged faster. I'm not saying the filter is for everyone but is does perform very well over the HF. DO YOU SAY IT LOOKS LIKE A POOL FILTER. We are carpet cleaners not pool cleaners. The box filters are great but dont have the movability to bring to the door.Custys always ask to see what I get out of there carpet when they see the filter.Its good to be able to show them. Remember everything started out of something before metal,plastic whatever to say "IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME" is beside the point. How does it perform is it going to improve my cleaning,dry times,efficency,productivity, how is it going to HELP ME that should be the questions. I don't care if you buy it some will some wont but it does perform for sure. We are just getting started as it sells and I have more money to invest I will continue to develope the looks of the filter over time.thats what a lot of manuf. do as they can afford more money to invest in there products.

relax, Conway, ain't no one thrown any rocks at you....yet...

Something that will help me though.......Paragraphs
No, i ain't no school marm, I promise.
Just makes it easier to read.... :wink:

.L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have an in tank and an inline but no blower filter. My inline is as fine or finer than a blower filter (local regulations) and little airflow loss, still lots at the wand. After vacuuming as I do its amazing how much I still get on the filter. The in tank filter is about 12x18x6, lots of surface
08-05CanAmRecoverytank2.jpg

T

tconway

I'm not tryin to be defensive I just thought porky was making fun of my filter. I'm not sayin my filter is better than Dan O's either at ALL like I said I hope to have one of his TM someday I think He puts a lot of effort into detail I like that. The picture of the tank wow work of art nice job. Mr. Werner. I'm just excited thats all I want to tell people about it. PVC is very strong I think this thing will easily last 5 years or longer. .
The reveiws are great! The one I got tonight was this " I ditched the 50' of 2.5 and the pool filter cause I'm getting more air through the Devastator and the 2.0 than I was with 2.5 and the pool filter.
I just got the new Super Duty Bag in the mail today. Its great for the guys that don't want to throw away bags. The throw away bags are very fine mesh and will out last panty hose so the actual cost is same or better than hose.
My customer emailed me tonight and said he has done four jobs on same filter no washout yet and its about a 1/4 full and no loss in cfm.
All you have to do is at the end of the job stand filter up open lid spray some water in it so it knocks debris down inside put lid back on and your ready for the next job. No need to get your hands dirty with the bag. When you drop below 300 cfm just throw bag away. I say 300 cause that is my magic number I'm at 350-360. I want to be above 300 all the time.
One of the first guys to test has a Aero Tech so his number is higher. He loves it. He also runs panty hose inside his waste tank in his baskets he said minimal debris was getting through to them.(a little hair)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom