Anybody use an RX-20 for tile?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Just wondering if anybody has experience using the RX-20 with hard floor attachment for tile and grout? If so what kind of job does it do?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not worth the time...brushes don't really get into the grout line they just glide over the tile.....
plus it is pretty unstable on slippery areas...

Name
George Valliant
Heck ya! I'm a madman with an RX-20. Never used the tile/grout head.

Here's how I use the RX-20 for TnG:

First I apply Judson with the Mytee Big Boss sprayer. Then I break out the Dynachem Powdered Brightner and sprinkle liberaly on the floor (it acts as a pumice plus it brightens). Afterwards, I slap a green pad on the RX and go to town with a scrub.

After the scrub its time to blast the edges with a Gekko. I finish by cleaning the entire floor with a Redline spinner.

Haven't had a single complaint since using this technique.

True, the green pad doesn't reach into the grout lines but Cobb's Powdered Brightner is coarse enough to be driven into the grout lines.

The only reason I currently use Judson vs Powermax on TnG is because liquid detergent is easier to mix in the sprayer.

I llike the RX20 Hard surface head for cleaning concret. I also use it for agitating T & G that is built up with grease and grime then clean it with a spinner....I would NOT recommend the RX20 for T & G cleaning by itself...It doesn't do nearly as good of a job as the spinners do....

True but if you already have an Rx it turns a 500 investment into a 200 dollar investment...Also it takes up less room to carry one machine that does multiple tasks...IDK bout you guys but its tight in the van once you start loading up with all the equipment that you need...You did make a good point though Lee....I wouldn't buy an RX just for T & G...

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Sticky said:
True but if you already have an Rx it turns a 500 investment into a 200 dollar investment...Also it takes up less room to carry one machine that does multiple tasks...IDK bout you guys but its tight in the van once you start loading up with all the equipment that you need...You did make a good point though Lee....I wouldn't buy an RX just for T & G...

My van is super tight and I already have an RX-20 and was hoping I can carry one machine instead of 2.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I sold mine.

Great for concrete but medocre for T&G as a stand alone machine.

The most use it got was for concrete cleaning after flood or fire claims. Great for cleaning up residue silt from rising flood claims and with a heavy degreaser, for cleaning sooty slabs in garage fire etc.

Also got a bit of use cleaning our own warehouse, although not nearly as often as it should have.

Haven't got it now, and the shop floor is the one area I miss it on.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom