anybody use the evolution wand?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It would help if you filled out your profile so people knew who you were.

Be proud to tell everyone who you are!

G

Good wand,the only problem might be if you run high flow with high heat,the head seems to get a little soft (plastic)and if you have one you might want to check with the little green fellow,he was working on extenders with check valves for those.

Name
Kevin McCreary
We have 2 that Greenie pimped for us. They work good pimped, stock from the factory they are junk.
They look like crap in 6 months because of the black powder coating. We run .09 flow and hybrid
green glides. Also the jets have to be changed to 110's on the outside instead of 95's .

Mike Draper

Why would anyone want a Greenhorn when you could buy one of Rob's wands for 1/2 the price and it works much better? :eek:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I used the Evo for a while. I loved the wand but it had to have the pimpness to make it right.

The Greenhorn is way better.

I would imagine a Titanium wand in the form of a Greenhorn would be even better.

Rawb

I see a lot of comments about the Greenhorn wands. Mytee also unveiled a new one recently. I have only used some plain Jane 12" wands and I am shopping around for some new ones.

There may be a thread devoted to wands already, but since we're discussing wands here, it saves me from starting a new thread.

I just spent $460 on a new swivel-head stair wand and would like to see suggestions for a good durable wand with a larger head if possible. I do a lot of commercial work and it would be nice to have a larger wand. It will certainly help with those jobs where I'm doing 25,000 sq ft in one weekend.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
16 inch 4 jet castex is what you want.

Buy it from Jon-Don.

Rawb

Mike Draper said:
http://www.zipper-it.com If you do that much square footage one of these will save you time and pay for itself fast

I can buy an RX-20 for that price. Thanks for the link though, I will take a look at it more thoroughly. I'm just looking for a higher end wand to use with a portable. Most of the commercial work I do can't be done with a truck mount. If I could, I would use an RX-20.

Other than that, if you own one of those units, how does it compare to a regular wand, RX-20, Rotovac wand etc?

I used one last week for about 5 min.. The jets on the wand dont cover the area that is getting cleaned. They miss the edges by a inch or two. Hard to get under stuff like end tables. I'm sure it has it's place but I will Stick to my Greenhorn.

Mike Draper

I have or had an RX-20, Rv-360, Drag wand, encaps machine , Greenhorn. All I can tell you is the RX cleaned worse than any of them, and the dry times were pathetic ( with and without glides)" I had 2.5" hose as well on it too. The greenhorn is great, but with a porty i don't know. I wouldn't use a an RX if someone gave it to me for free, I guess I expect better results for my custy's and so do they. On CGD the greenhorn "even without agitation" will outlcean and outdry the rx20 by a long ways. The zipper like the greenhorn has the same angle on jets, and greenglides that are reversible,however it has six jets for better flow, it also has dual heads so you don't have to let off the trigger you can just go back (like a zipper) and forth on commercial and save lots of time " that how it got it's name. You cold always change the jet size on a greenhorn to #1's and that will prolly work better with a porty.

WANDMASTER3

Mike Draper said:
I have or had an RX-20, Rv-360, Drag wand, encaps machine , Greenhorn. All I can tell you is the RX cleaned worse than any of them, and the dry times were pathetic ( with and without glides)" I had 2.5" hose as well on it too. The greenhorn is great, but with a porty i don't know. I wouldn't use a an RX if someone gave it to me for free, I guess I expect better results for my custy's and so do they. On CGD the greenhorn "even without agitation" will outlcean and outdry the rx20 by a long ways. The zipper like the greenhorn has the same angle on jets, and greenglides that are reversible,however it has six jets for better flow, it also has dual heads so you don't have to let off the trigger you can just go back (like a zipper) and forth on commercial and save lots of time " that how it got it's name. You cold always change the jet size on a greenhorn to #1's and that will prolly work better with a porty.

when i use the rx-20 i always go back with a wand for extra dry strokes and use the studabaker pathfinder to help drying time

WANDMASTER3

the only problem i have is when only cleaning traffic areas in a house around beds and furniture .that studabaker will blow dust from under beds

Name
Kevin McCreary
As far as why would one use a straight wand on residential goes?

I don't think it makes much of a difference once you get used to it.

I actually think that if you know how to use it, you can reach further under

furniture with a straight wand. With an "s" bend you can only tip the handle of the wand

so far down before the head comes off the floor. With the evo wand you can actually

have the trigger touching the carpet with the head of the wand still on the carpet allowing

you to reach out 3-6 feet. I have never collapsed mine either and its been so hot I could hardly hold on to it.

I still don't think its that great of a wand, it cleans as good as my TI wands though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom