Anybody use this marketing strategy?

Greg Loe

every market is different. Test it out. I did.

I made my money back but was going into the slow season so I stop the ads. We'll test again during the cleaning season.

Gary Arndts is a nice guy.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Marketing

Yellow pages get less use every year even though the rates continue to rise. Part of the reason is that cell numbers are not listed. Almost 1/3 of the country have become cell phone only households.

The Yp books get thinner every year.

The YP also sucks because it promotes customers to choose based on price only.

The internet can be used to educate the customer before they call your company and a lot of people are starting to look for service companies on the net while they are at work or at home.

You can drive customers to your site when you include your site on all your marketing.

I would warn you to watch out for the hoards of companies wanting to optimize your web site. I get calls for that crap almost everyday.

With a little research you can optimize your site yourself.

If you don't have a site build one. With Yahoo site builder even a newbie like me can build one.

mine is royalcarpetlincoln@yahoo.com

Al

YP is still working for us, we get more calls from our small YP ads than the Internet. Some books have reduced rates and yes there are less cleaners in them this year.

I got a deal on a half page that came with a free half page in another listing, I used it for water damage. This ad is 190. per month it is lower than last year.

The book just came out a week ago and 1300 in business came from it already, that covers the ad for 7 months.

The yp are dieing but they aren't dead yet.

This is the ad for 190. it's the biggest ad we have ever run and it's working
awesome so far!

img065.jpg

Attachments

• img065.jpg
    img065.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 169

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Great ad Al !!!

If you ever get a good price on the ad to go red... DO IT!

Dries in minutes or I won't cash your check... I Love It !

A

anspach

how'd ya get Freddie Mercury (Queen fame) to do an ad for you... he's been dead for 16 years

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Nice ad Al, My ads for YB still pay for themselves.
That's all I can ask for at this point!!

All The Best, Rob

Scott

Anyone notice the USP in the ad below Al's?

"We Show Up"

Well if that doesn't pass the "I'd hope so" test, I don't know what would.

Scott

JohnnyV

You should have put your before and after Body Building pics in that ad...

Lol Nice AD, nice placement....Some dumb ass I know...named their Company "Ultimate"....

totalsolution

Couple of things.....Yellow page display ads are not placed by alphabet, they are placed by size and seniority. Just in case you have never placed one. Also, YellowBook.com is the only authorized reseller of Ad Clicks from Yahoo and Google. That means that you don't pay extra for the optimization of your online ads. YellowBook gets payed on the backend. They also have tracking lines in conjunction with your ad so that you can see how many calls you are getting from your online ad, not just how many clicks. Call your local rep (no not me), and ask them about WebReach if you want to try out LOCAL online advertising. I did a 3 month trial for $150 a month and I made that back 10 fold no problem.

P.S. Don't tell my boss that I clean carpets also. I don't want to get fired until I can replace my YB income. Thanks!! LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom