anyone clean stamped and stained concrete?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have a job coming up and have cleaned the stamped concrete a few times but
not when it has been stained..any chance of the stain being cleaned off??
i will be using my turbo to do the cleaning..
thanks

Jerry McMahon

Is it acid stained concrete? We usually use a neutral cleaner and scrub with either a white or red pad depending on the condition of the floor. Then finish up by high speed buffing. You should be fine rinsing with your turbo but i wouldnt use hot water, it could dull the finish.

Its always a plus if you can find out what type of sealer was used on the floor and what type of maintenance the manufacture recommends .

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
no sealer it is just plain old concrete that is stamped to look like tile and stained..not dark
but just a tint of stain..it is kind of a very lightly rough surface so buffing is out..
thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have some at the entrance to our building it's stamped and stained to look like brick, but it's concrete.

They not to ever put any ice melt or salt on it, but that's all I remember. It's out where it gets it from all the elements and still looks like new after 4-years. I'd check with someone who does the stamping just in case.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It may be that they mixed the color in with the concrete which would probably be ok to turbo. I'd test eitherway.

Albert

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Some that I have seen need to be restained every few years. Even the concrete with color added to pre-mix. this may be additional $$. Then seal

Lonny

Supportive Member
I would be very surprised if it didn't, at least initially, have a sealant on it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
well i did the job today and it turned out awesome!!! i used the turbo with the brush attachment
and turned the pressure down to 400 psi..it didnt do any damage and cleaned the concrete up really nice.
thanks for the advise.
dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom