Anyone doing drape cleaning?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have been getting alot of requests for it from an interior designer.

How do you do it? What is the process? Dry clean only I would suppose...

John Watson

I have a Dri Dri process that can safely used on location. Or I have a Ultimate PBIII Dry solvent machine for sale for 1K 1/4 cost of new. I did show this method of cleaning at Yasar's Fest a few years ago.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Draperies. Drape(s) is a verb.

The money seems good until you figure out that anything they didn't buy at Penneys will cost about a grand per window to replace. You shrink them and don't have a pleater to fix them, you'll replace them. Consider also that people are ten times more picky about their furniture cleaning than their carpet, and are ten times more finicky about their draperies than their furniture.

Dry cleaning should be done in a drapery cleaning (not a drycleaners) plant. An acceptable improvement can be had using a dry steam method, and washable draperies can be wet cleaned. If you're already a top-line upholstery cleaner this might be a good add-on, otherwise you'll never clean enough to get good at it.

If you want to be an asset to the designers you work with, find out who the best drapery cleaner in town is and work with them.

PS: The designers might just want someone to do the work at a fraction of what they know it should cost so they can make the maximum profit when they mark it up to the homeowner.

Walt

There is a local CC that vacuums them and then uses a dry cleaning sponge to wipe them down. I found out when I turned down some work in a really nice home I was cleaning at. They came right as I was leaving and I saw what they were doing. The sponges made very little to no difference.

John Watson

Walt, don't think you have tried them, The sponges do remove a lot of soil and turn black. I have been doing that process for over 20 years and yes there is more to it than just dry sponges. email me for a copy of how I do my "Dri-Dri Drapery cleaning"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom