Anyone else schedule like the airlines this time of year?

Rex Tyus

I do. I have found from past experience no matter how bad they want their carpets cleaned the last week before Christmas as it arrives "something comes up". I was overbooked yesterday and today. I finished early because of things coming up yesterday and today I have had two out of 5 call already. No surprise no real disappointment. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this in the past or present?

TimP

Yesturday I started with only 1 booking.....100 buck job. Ended up getting a nice second on short notice that billed for 300.....today nothing but will hop on anything that calls last minue for sure cause I've been dead as can be. I'd overbook if they wanted cleaning that day and make time to get it done cause I'm starving I'd work till 9-10 in the evening if I had to.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I get a bunch of small jobs added to the schedule. I like them better because you run out bang bang bang in and out in an hour $120 4 times a day plus tips. I don't really get cancellations at all maybe 3 throughout the year

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
TimP said:
Yesturday I started with only 1 booking.....100 buck job. Ended up getting a nice second on short notice that billed for 300.....today nothing but will hop on anything that calls last minue for sure cause I've been dead as can be. I'd overbook if they wanted cleaning that day and make time to get it done cause I'm starving I'd work till 9-10 in the evening if I had to.

great attitude!! that is how i am, i will work from early morning till late night in this economy just because you dont know when you next gap will be.
i got a flood call at 12:30 am last night, i was on the job by 1:45 and home by 3am and out on my first job at 9am..i am tired but we had a 845.00 day today..last night was found money.
i wish i had that once or twice a week..i would be happy.
we are booked out 2 trucks but it is still scary looking at jan..

TimP

davegill said:
TimP said:

great attitude!! that is how i am, i will work from early morning till late night in this economy just because you dont know when you next gap will be.
i got a flood call at 12:30 am last night, i was on the job by 1:45 and home by 3am and out on my first job at 9am..i am tired but we had a 845.00 day today..last night was found money.
i wish i had that once or twice a week..i would be happy.
we are booked out 2 trucks but it is still scary looking at jan..

I may have the attitude but no work to fill the time I'm willing to work.

I could have some extra work later this month but I refuse to regrout a job for 50 cents a ft cause I know just grouting over the top of grout wont work. And I refuse to color seal and fill grout in the hollow areas for the same 50 cents above cleaning....I should have the cleaning though. I guess I should whore myself out but I do have some standards.

Rex Tyus

When you schedule like the airlines and overbook by 10% expecting cancelations that never cancel it makes for a long freaking day. 2 years ago I would have just canceled or rescheduled them my self. Like it or not. This year however has been very humbling for me. I take it when it is there. That and the words of Ken Snow keep ringing in my ear about "work scheduled today is done today" or something like that.

Does the average person know a 4 piece, pillow back, microfiber sectional is not......

"just a sofa with a cheap area rug under it to clean" ? Doctors wives. :roll:

Chris A

Name
Chris
We're not fully booked this year, but in years past we've run with some really tight schedules around the holidays. Like if your 5 minutes late to the second job you end your day 3 hours off. :lol:

Rex Tyus

Scheduled an appointment on Satutrday for today. They called to rescedule for later. "too much going on...." What they say about emotional decisions is really true. They are in a panic then they calm. The closer the day comes the less important carpets are on the list. Such has been my experience.

Rex Tyus

OK. It is finally over. Done till Friday. One guy called today needing A carpet cleaned as soon as possible. I gave him a friends number and said he "may" be able to work you in since he is closer. Before Ken Snow chastizes me for being lazy and not taking the gig. He is over an hour away from me for ONE room.

Crappy year with a strong finish. Even if the last week of December sucks I have beat last years totals already. I hope this is a sign of things to come for the new year. November was the only other month I had an increase this year.

Merry Christmas to all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom