Anyone else slammed?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
2400 hours in 13 years? Your f-ing kidding me. 89000 miles in 13 years? I'd be hitting that after 7 years. Wow.

S

sam miller

The only thing I can think that would justify a V or AT with a 1000 hours which I avg a year.

Is dual wanding so its actually 2000 hours! $200 per hour that would be 400 k in sales.

Still You would need close jobs little driving and a grip of jobs that You could dual wand on.

and get .65 cents a square foot like Mike.

Billy

Name
BH
Jim Martin said:
danielc said:
[quote="Jim Martin":24yusbrr]

now a days...not even close to what he paid.......

Ballpark Jim!

aside from all the bells and whistles he has added...like back up and side cameras....and other fluff..if he could get 18k for it he should take it and run...as hard as it is to admit those things are losing more and more value....they are not for everyone and you better have a good concrete foundation under your company to keep it going...

with the economy in the tank..( and it is going to get worse before it gets better )....you better have a good grip on what you are doing if you plan on running one.......[/quote:24yusbrr]

I don't give things away & as for foundation it I have almost 20 yrs but that doesn't mean anything anymore. I do well because we stick by our beliefs & we get a good price on every job or we don't do it.

As for economy yes it is bad but we have increased every year since buying BigBearTruck so in one since doesn't matter what it is worth. You are also correct on Maintenance but that is also different when you have lower hrs for more $$$$s. I also haven't lowered prices & now charge for estimates in many cases.

I have done regular Maintenance & put a set of tires on it so far.

If I listened to others about buying it I would have never bought it since most think it is too expensive to maintain especially with a 99% residential client base.

Everyone starts their business for their on reasons but most have one common reason. They want to make their on decisions. Im not much of a follower & have never been a good employee.

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Is this thread titled billy??? Lmao

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

SORRY Joey I didn't mean to take over your thread :| Ill shut up now & read.

F

FB7777

I remember your truck at mikefest Nashville 2 years ago Billy

It had around 600 hours on it and it looked better than brand new

IMO its definately an underutilized asset, with a workload of 200 hours a year , 4 hours a week you don't need a dual wand machine but it's your prerogative

Don't sweat the peanut gallery , especially Doug Cox

With a name like that, you'd have penis envy too

Name
Lee Stockwell
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":2gysc3e4]Nobody stays "booked" out two weeks without a lot of cancellations.
That might speak volumes about the (your) quality. I used to be booked out 4+ weeks without alot of cancellations, until I raised my prices and weeded out the bottom feeders. Now i work 1-2 weeks out max. And No, I still don't have alot of cancellations. Shouldn't make broad statements , Lee. That doesn't apply to all markets.[/quote:2gysc3e4]
You have no idea about our quality, nor will I pass judgment on yours.

Yes we have recurring clients booked weeks in advance, so that we "could" say we are "booked...yada yada...weeks", but if we were booked solid with no wiggle room I would quickly make drastic changes to catch up.

Too many good customers just can't wait. I smile at the bulletin board tales of a whole communities of people with such patience.

Yes, as John Olson correctly noted, many of us COULD do those 24 apts in one hard day, we've done the equivalent several times.

If a customer called in the middle of that with an emergency I'd never DREAM of telling them "I'm booked up for weeks". I'd say "YES we can! When do you need us?"

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I always try to fit everyone in..........just never been this busy.......why other carpet cleaners that have been in business over 20 years in my area are struggling.......we are doind well. Most are all repeats or referrals........ a lot of older people don't mind at all. Drastic changes are coming in my business and I was dealing with it........but now my main tech has had a heart attack..... after I posted this thread........ so starting tommorrow..........I am borrowing a tech from another company who has not been getting hours because they are slow........... I have worked with him before......he can run my tm and I trust him........also........ I have decided to let my girls clean apartments by them selves...... no need for me to supervise...... and omg........I'm getting on the other truck by myself tommorrow....... can't remember the last time I used that long skinny thing called a wand.....but everything will be under control........good thing 15 of the apartments are at the same location and the van will only have to be moved twice..

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
I always try to fit everyone in..........just never been this busy.......why other carpet cleaners that have been in business over 20 years in my area are struggling.......we are doind well. Most are all repeats or referrals........ a lot of older people don't mind at all. Drastic changes are coming in my business and I was dealing with it........but now my main tech has had a heart attack..... after I posted this thread........ so starting tommorrow..........I am borrowing a tech from another company who has not been getting hours because they are slow........... I have worked with him before......he can run my tm and I trust him........also........ I have decided to let my girls clean apartments by them selves...... no need for me to supervise...... and omg........I'm getting on the other truck by myself tommorrow....... can't remember the last time I used that long skinny thing called a wand.....but everything will be under control........good thing 15 of the apartments are at the same location and the van will only have to be moved twice..

Are you sure you remember how to clean Joey :mrgreen:

Good for you Joey!

There is no right or wrong way to do something as long as you enjoy it and it is worth your time and effort.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Its hard not to facebook........but untill someone can figure out how I can while wanding and the customer can't see....

Lol I remember how to clean.. I do water extractions at night... just gotta turn the pump on to clean right??? And I get to try out the new hydroforce myself john sent me that I bought

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Its hard not to facebook........but untill someone can figure out how I can while wanding and the customer can't see....

Lol I remember how to clean.. I do water extractions at night... just gotta turn the pump on to clean right??? And I get to try out the new hydroforce myself john sent me that I bought

You have our number if you can't figure it out :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom