Anyone Ever Try Welcome Wagon?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just signed up for 1 year in two areas and was wondering what peoples experiences may have been?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Greg- we have tried it over the years a few times, the last probably being5-6 years ago, and still do it in some areas for our retail business.

The challenge we found with services like cleaning is that typically it will usually be sought via referral if they are new to the area, either through their Realtor, a co-worker, neighbor etc., or, it will already be cleaned prior to them moving in and getting the welcome packet. Our ROI was not worth continuing.

Ken

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Did they have the follow up program when you did it?
With the program they have now they send out first month package, second month postcard and third montha shared mail listing of the companies in the welcome wagon and which ones they may use or use in the future. I figured for the $200.00 a month to give it a try($100.00 for each area). Plus you get the listing of all the people who moved in so you can do your own follow ups.

The girl selling it was hot which didn't hurt.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Duh of course the girl selling it is hot, that has pretty much evolved into all forms of adv sales. Again Greg, if the cleaning is already done prior to them getting anything from you I am not sure what a 2 and 3 month mailing does, when they won't likely need it again for another 6-12 months or more. Plus someone else already likely has the in. I don't really recall if that was part of the program last time I did it.

Ken
Ps I do hope it proves a success for you.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it is just another avenue, we will see. I should have posted before I looked in her ocean blue eyes and long flowing blonde hair :lol:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i know you already signed up but all i can say is RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN..
we spent 5 grand to not more than 3 phone calls..
i called every month to get some help from them but no one wanted to get involved..they had me under contract and that was it..
i used the same ad/info in other advertising and got a great response..
i was shocked when i spoke to the vp of operations for the east coast and he said sorry bout your luck..i asked him if they stood by there product..yep but there is nothing we can do..
i was told by many people to just stop paying and they would eventually stop calling and go away but i am not like that..i signed the paper and payed for a education..
feel free to call and get first had info on them if you have any more questions..
dave
p.s. we did the entire deal..follow up post cards and all.

Spurling

Yeah we tried it a couple of times and it really didnt work for us ..I agree with Ken .. the new homeowner probably made arrangements to have it cleaned before moving in .. or it was done for them.. once they get their packet of info .. its already too late..maybe doing a follow up or reminder (re-introduce) in 10-11 months after they move in may not be a bad idea..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Thanks guys. The investment was small, all told about 1 of my radio ad runs which I just cut out and I also started saving on my monthly mailings about $250 so I will give it a shot. I intend on following up with the names and addresses they give for sometime. I kinda did it on a whim. It sounds like not the nest business decision. I gigure $202.00 a month we will see.

Or I wonder if they have a contract grace period

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom