Anyone ever use a product to control dust mites?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Only used it once for a customer many years ago. Didn't know if it worked or not. I think it contained peroxide and alcohol

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We've used Masterblends's Dust Mite Allergen product in the past--even have some left but it's probably 10 years old. What have you used and was it effective? Thanks!

Here is Masterblend's current product for this issue: https://masterblend.net/en/allergy-relief-treatment
literature says effectiveness lasts 6 months.
I've used it on mattresses, pillows and upholstery. Never had any complaints but who knows how effective it is. It can be a good upsell on mattresses.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
you can treat the symptoms
or cure the root cause

..L.T.A.
treat the symptoms and make money... like a professional

Screenshot_20190519-084713_Chrome.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
But their poop is still there.

As you say Steve, "the 💩 is still there".

The Der P1 in the 💩 is what causes the allergies, which, when we lay our head upon the pillow, & breathe in, creating a gigantic vacuum cleaning effect for those ultra-microscopic feces which we then swallow, is what causes the symptoms to start the on-set of those various allergic reaction.

The Ultra-Violet light on several machines is merely a gimmick to sell the equipment.

Sure, UV WILL kill the dust mite, but normal cleaners are cleaning the mattress during day light hours, when the dust mite is safely down in the middle, or base, of the mattress, well away from any UV lighting effects that they know will harm them.

Just my thinking, take it with a grain of salt, or, if you prefer, 💩.

Cheers,

:yoda::very_drunk:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
dehumidifier

They don't survive below 50Rh

..L.T.A.

I can appreciate the rH point Larry, but in reality, how many people actually own a dehumidifier that is capable of dehumidifying a room, (or maybe 4), every few months?

Living in the tropics, most bedrooms have air conditioning, but that is still not effective enough due to mattresses still holding the food source + moisture and warmth every night for them to survive.

Cheers Buddy.

:yoda:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I can appreciate the rH point Larry, but in reality, how many people actually own a dehumidifier that is capable of dehumidifying a room, (or maybe 4), every few months?

a 30 pint homeowner dehu from home depot will keep 600sf room at 40rh
If I was genuinely allergic, (and not persuaded with marketing that something we've all been living with all our lives is now making us sick) i'd have a dehu to keep Rh below 50

Living in the tropics,

if in the tropics, I'd think MOLD would be a good add-on 🙃

..L.T.A.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
a 30 pint homeowner dehu from home depot will keep 600sf room at 40rh
If I was genuinely allergic, (and not persuaded with marketing that something we've all been living with all our lives is now making us sick) i'd have a dehu to keep Rh below 50

Unfortunately, we don't have Home Depot here, & rarely see decent dehums that a home owner would buy, ie; relatively cheap.
Our nearest supplier for industrial dehums in our state is over a 1,000 miles south.

if in the tropics, I'd think MOLD would be a good add-on 🙃

I love mould, 😉 especially on leather items & fabric upholstery. 🤑🤑🤑

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom