Anyone had the pleasure?

Mikey P

Administrator
Of using the above device?

I've been using one for spotting work on my rugs.

Sure beats down on my hands and knees with a dang wall paper steamer.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We had one in our dry cleaning plant. You don't realize how much you miss it until its gone.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My father was in the Laundry & Dry cleaning business for 25-years, eventually working his way to manager before becoming a carpet cleaner.

I use hang out with him and was taught to spot clothing using Streets Picrin, 2-1 and Pre-oil break. Having steam, water and compressed air allowed you to remove a lot of spots pretty effortless.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've only used it on existing fringe stains, bleeds and stuff that did not come out in the wash.

Some red ink yesterday. The fringe was too white after I was done so I evened it out with some decaf.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Greenie said:
picrin sounds like strepene?

similar function?

smell like rotten eggs?

No, it's a solvent more like Tri-Chlor which was banned a few years ago.

A lot of our industriy's technical gurus came out of the dry-cleaning world like, Lee Pemberton and Jeff Bishop whose father and uncles ran several dry-cleaning ops. Stain removal and spotting techniques have changed little from the 1920's. I flipped through an old spotting guide from that era once and it was all so familiar.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was a Streets product, a chlorinated solvent, 111-Trichloroethane.

Awesome primary spotter, removed grease, inks, oil spills with no rings, no rinsing. It flushed out other oil spotters. Dried rapidly!

Bad for you on the list of carcinogens, I'm sure it's the cause of my brain damage.....I was normal before working with it for years.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Will it get out those ever so mysterious brown and yellow stains from my underwear?

:shock:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We had one in our dry cleaning plant. You don't realize how much you miss it until its gone.
Amen.

A very fast and low-risk way to remove dyebleed and other stains. I now use a US Products vacuum plate and a portable steamer, and wet steam just isn't the same.

In case anyone wants to buy a spotting board, know that you need a steam boiler, compressed air and a healthy vacuum to run it. Also, the ones available used are usually pretty rusty inside and would need significant clean-up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom