Anyone have a Hydrosonic wand valve they don't need ?

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
How can this happen ? When it rains it pours ! Been a very trying few months. I've had my Boxxer 421 in the shop each of the last 3 weeks for repairs, cost over $2000, mostly labor. Tranny went on the wives van and brakes on my beater car. With the mortgage 5 months behind and YP suing me for being 7 months off I am in a pickle. Now that my TM is running better my wand valve has cracked and is spraying out (it is my only wand). If someone has a valve that they don't use, I would be very appreciative. I don't have a cent to my name but I can give 2 gallons of Scotchgard in return.
Thanks anyone
Jerry

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WHISKER said:
How can this happen ? When it rains it pours ! Been a very trying few months. I've had my Boxxer 421 in the shop each of the last 3 weeks for repairs, cost over $2000, mostly labor. Tranny went on the wives van and brakes on my beater car. With the mortgage 5 months behind and YP suing me for being 7 months off I am in a pickle. Now that my TM is running better my wand valve has cracked and is spraying out (it is my only wand). If someone has a valve that they don't use, I would be very appreciative. I don't have a cent to my name but I can give 2 gallons of Scotchgard in return.
Thanks anyone
Jerry

Jerry,

Who is you closest ....Disty...?

Go there tommorrow morning...A get your wand repaired...
Call me & I will pay for the repair or a new valve...by Credit Card...

My office # is 352-567-5855....
You can pay me back when things get better... :wink:

Ps ..If you want another Hydrosonic Valve...I can get that ALSO..It will just take longer... :(

clean one

Mine was giving me trouble too, i had a pld prochem wand laying around i took the valve off of it and installed it on my hydrosonic wand i only had to drill one hole in the bracket, its not a easy touch or butter cup valve but it works great.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Thank YOU !!!

Someone has helped me with a valve and I appreciate it more than anyone can imagine. This board is one of the best most giving communities I have ever witnessed.
I just can't seem to get ahead in this business. This is my third year and cannot stay busy enough despite my Web Site, BNI, Service Magic, YP and Fliers. I have taken all of the IICRC Classes to be a Master Textile Cleaner, and SFS, can out clean most anyone in the area but cannot make the phone ring. I am loved by everyone that I have cleaned for and therefor do mostly WOM work. I am middle priced at .35 per square foot. When does a start up business become a true business ? Am I missing some footwork ?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Harper beat me to it. It's only gonna get tighter after the holidays for two or three months.

One of my secret weapons I don' t talk about much on the boards because of aggressive local lurkers is:

Schools!...starting NEXT week. Go give someone a demo. Beg, Push, or do whatever it takes to get the demo. I say this because I looked at your website and think you can WOW them if you get the chance.

Thanks,
Lee

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WHISKER said:
Thank YOU !!!

Someone has helped me with a valve and I appreciate it more than anyone can imagine. This board is one of the best most giving communities I have ever witnessed.
I just can't seem to get ahead in this business. This is my third year and cannot stay busy enough despite my Web Site, BNI, Service Magic, YP and Fliers. I have taken all of the IICRC Classes to be a Master Textile Cleaner, and SFS, can out clean most anyone in the area but cannot make the phone ring. I am loved by everyone that I have cleaned for and therefor do mostly WOM work. I am middle priced at .35 per square foot. When does a start up business become a true business ? Am I missing some footwork ?

Jerry,
Keep your chin-up...It is REALLY tough on everyone...!
Sounds like you have all the education & advertizing in place..
A lot of your competition will NOT survive... :(
The key is to HANG-ON....If you are still standing when sping rolls around...
Your customer base SHOULD..increase solely from the attrition of failed companies...

What you COULD do is...Stop by one of your compeditors.."That you respect.."
Offer your services as a sub-contractor... :idea: Chances are they are down-sizing...
If you ASSURE the owner that you will NOT steal his customer base..!!!!
He may be willing to throw some work your way.. :D

Offer him a 70%/30%..split... :wink:
Just a couple jobs a week could "Get you Over the HUMP"..

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Lee Stockwell said:
Harper beat me to it. It's only gonna get tighter after the holidays for two or three months.

One of my secret weapons I don' t talk about much on the boards because of aggressive local lurkers is:

Schools!...starting NEXT week. Go give someone a demo. Beg, Push, or do whatever it takes to get the demo. I say this because I looked at your website and think you can WOW them if you get the chance.

Thanks,
Lee
CHARTER SCHOOLS, thay have no union janitors.You need to start looking now,we do them over the holidays.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HARPER said:
Jerry,

Who is you closest ....Disty...?

Go there tommorrow morning...A get your wand repaired...
Call me & I will pay for the repair or a new valve...by Credit Card...

My office # is 352-567-5855....
You can pay me back when things get better... :wink:

Ps ..If you want another Hydrosonic Valve...I can get that ALSO..It will just take longer... :(

Yo, Harps, my Colt Commander is causing me probs with my sciatic nerve due to the weight.
It's put a hitch in my giddy-up
and I just can't afford a Lt Wt Commander (Christmas and all, you know)

I know where there's one available for $853
Then I'll need to ship it Hartford Ct (Colt's custom shop) for some additional needs
front strap checkering (25LPI) a trigger job, bobtail , carry melt package (smooth/round all the sharp edges), Trijicon night sights and robar finish

a couple grand should take care of it

I can pay you back in empty brass... if you'll wait long enough, I'll sell the brass at the gun shows for .07 cents pcs
It will take me 5.7 years to pay you back at the rate I shoot. (5000 rnds on a good year)

Thanks Man, you're the best!

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can pay you back in empty brass... if you'll wait long enough, I'll sell the brass at the gun shows for .07 cents pcs
It will take me 5.7 years to pay you back at the rate I shoot. (5000 rnds on a good year)

Thanks Man, you're the best!
Damn! :lol:

jimn

Hey Jerry,

I have alot of "stuff" laying around here as well. What do you need? I will do my best to help..

Just do me a favor, If I can help "pay it forward"! :)

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I wanted to thank all of you great fellas for offering to help. This board is just awesome.
The bad news:
I went on a water damage job yesterday for my Property Management Company. Two pieces of furniture and a little water on the floor. Well my Boxxer 421 decided it was going to fail again. I have had it into JON DON service 3 times for the same issue, twice in the last three weeks, and once to a Briggs Repair Shop for the main seal replacement last week. I have only been able to put 12 hours on it in the last 4 weeks. The temperature is not rising and it is dumping my water directly into the waste tank. I have had it rewired, new temp senders and selinoid, new high pressure hot water lines, and still not working. After I brought it home from the last repair, the 20AMP main fuse melted into the fuse box. Called Jon Don yesterday and pretty much just got a HUMMM?, maybe try to descale the system. I don't think that is the problem. Now I have to cancel the three jobs for the rest of the week and try myself. JD is a 2+ hour drive one way, getting old driving there weekly, and paying to have the same problem not fixed. Any ideas on what may be causing this problem. I don't think there is a scale build up as I have descaled the unit a number of times. Filters are clean and the diverter is opening and closing correctly.
Thanks
Jerry

G

Is there ever any warranty on labor paid for fixing what they thought was the problem. I don't see why you have to keep paying labor for something that wasn't fixed the first time. I haven't had any major problems with my 427, but if it is as bad in the $$ labor you have been paying, I would sell it and get a Judson like machine and do it myself. Is Jondon taking care of you, or telling you it needs "elbow grease" or "blinker fluid" kind of stuff, to keep you paying?

Greenie

Your waterbox thermals are stuck open and bypassing, it's not likely a solenoid or diverter, check your box when the unit is hot and look to see if it's running dry, they are only supposed to open when you hit 150+ in the box.

as for the 20 amp fuse....dunno, need more info.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Mikey,
Glen did not call me. I had to call and leave a message twice for service and no reply. Finally got thru the third time around closing. I have to run it back down on Thursday. Those guys are usually pretty good with this stuff dunno what's going on lately but the timing is horrible for me. I did have 5 nice jobs scheduled and 4 calls this week that I've either moved or passed on to competition. I'm doing one of my jobs with the help of a Local cleaner and his unit today.
I am immaculate with my equipment, it's not like I don't take care of my stuff. It's just frustrating to be on a job worrying about my machine breaking down the whole time.
I am told that the service dept. will make it right for me this time. I sure hope so.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the only things that will melt a 20 amp fuse is..it was wired wrong and it is back feeding.... or there is a direct ground somewhere....first thing I would check is that it is wired wrong..normally a direct ground will just blow the fuse....still makes one wonder why it did not just blow and why it melted.....

Glynn

Jerry,
On your waste tank should be two hoses, one is a high pressure one ( swaged on ends ) the other is a soft pipe thats just pushed on.
This pipe is the low pressure dump from your water box and it's located immediatly AFTER the solenoid valve, try clamping this pipe shut and then run the machine. If it then heats up it means that the thermo valve from the water box is faulty.
Also check that the primary orifice is in place and tight enough.

Oh and two things that can cause the 20 amp main fuse to blow ( believe it or not ) is faulty pump in pumps and APO's, somehow on "some" HM machines the factory wiring to both these pumps is poor enough to cause a main fuse meltdown. I have seen this twice in the last year.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Oh and two things that can cause the 20 amp main fuse to blow ( believe it or not ) is faulty pump in pumps and APO's, somehow on "some" HM machines the factory wiring to both these pumps is poor enough to cause a main fuse meltdown. I have seen this twice in the last year.

so the pump..or the APO wiring some how have a melt down and when they do they go to ground and melt down the fuse...meaning.....a direct ground....

or the Pumps and APO's are for what ever reason dragging and getting hot and causing the wiring to over heat....and the fuse has a melt down....

either way...I would be way more concerned as of why it is melting the fuse and everything instead of popping the fuse and protecting everything all together....bad fuse holder..??...is it over amped....???..I would be trying to correct this as soon as possible before it does more damage then what can be fixed.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom