anyone have a thermometer with freeze alarm???

fleming234

I have a detached garage and would like to have a thermometer with freeze alarm to put in my van. It has to be one with a sensor. Does anyone know who sells one?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
As Chris said radio Shack. I tried to find where I could buy them at a price I could compete and no way. Radio Shack has the best Price.

Lora Olson

This is John...

Who cares about the garage it is the machine your worried about. You set it to go off if it drops below 35 degrees. that gives you time find out why you lost power to your heater or whatever you using to keep the van warm and do something about it

Raedan

What about heaters? What is the best setup for protecting your TM from freezing in the winter?
No garage.... parked outside.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Raedan said:
What about heaters? What is the best setup for protecting your TM from freezing in the winter?
No garage.... parked outside.

You should have it a little easier at your location, I just have a plug-in heater in Wis.(I am in a garage though). Some nights I don't sleep so well but haven't had a breaker go out yet. I use a in-line thermostat (set temp. at 38) and set the heater all the way up on both settings.

Raedan

It isn't as bad here as WI. I agree but we do get freezing temps. in winter. I have to start looking into heaters for the van.

Thanks
Joe

Able 1

Name
Keith
Raedan said:
It isn't as bad here as WI. I agree but we do get freezing temps. in winter. I have to start looking into heaters for the van.

Just get a quality plug in don't pay more then $50.00 and in-line thremostat I aways put the therm. about a foot off the van floor.

Keith

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Big Lots in my town.Has some very nice ones for 12.99.I double checked the price after I went to the gym.

They were selling for about 30 at Wal-Mart last year. Check out Biglots.com .You should be able to view them...

Lots of features also...

If anyone wants me to get them some just call.I am not sure what shipping is but it has to be pretty reasonable...

Caes-413-433-5938. I will get name brand an post tommorow...

They also have boxes of sliders 8 to a box for 3.99 .If your looking to supplement your add on sales .At a buck or so apiece you can easily off set some fuel prices. If need be,or use as a give away to a good or new client...

Also Bissel momentums for 60 bucks...I think that is one heck of a great vac,for the price...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
All i was atemptin' to say was ....why an alarm?

Way not jus a thermostat that jus turns on the heater......?

Able 1

Name
Keith
bob vawter said:
All i was atemptin' to say was ....why an alarm?

Way not jus a thermostat that jus turns on the heater......?

If you blow a breaker... They have alarms that will call you from a land line to a land line.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
In times gone bye......i lived witout the luxury of a garage for years......i can name every way possible the keep them from freezing.......done it all!

THEY'RE ALL CRAPPY!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom