Anyone hear of a sending unit for a Legend XL

I saw an old Legend SE run today and was very impressed with the heat from cold water going to machine. It heated up to 230 in about 10 minutes with no load on vac blower and maintained 180-190 under normal cleaning conditions. My Legend just isn't heating up like it should. It has clean hx'ers and it is not bypassing. Something is off.

Greenie

turn UP your rpms. it WILL solve your problem. been there.

Also set your vac relief higher, they just run hotter if you can keep in in th3 13-15hg range.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Greenie said:
turn UP your rpms. it WILL solve your problem. been there.

Also set your vac relief higher, they just run hotter if you can keep in in th3 13-15hg range.

"Jeff ...Do you think you can get him to turn the RPM'S..up on the EVEREST...Tooo... :lol: "

CleanEvo

And keep the wand down on the carpet and the water flowing... I found that helps. I've never had a heat issue with my Blazer XL, even in the winter, but you have to keep the water moving.

So no one knows what a sending unit is. Jeff the machine pulls 14.5-15 hg. The suction is great. I started it up and ran it hard for 15 minutes with no load on the vacuum blower and the water never heated up past 140. It should have been over 200. I was told if the sending unit is bad it will not heat up properly.

I just edited a ton of stuff. I am po right now, but I will just keep to myself and go about business as usual.

Greenie

Daniel,

Relax man, no reason to get pissed off.

You seem to be missing the point. It's all about load, and fuel burn with small unit heat exchange machines.

I don't think your "sending unit" is faulty. I just think you need to run it a little harder.

That said, Listen to what Glynn from the UK suggested, pinching off the low pressure bypass that is fed by your waterbox thermal bypass valves may very well be the issue, if the water can not Pre-heat, your HXers will never get it very high, so check the low side.

I do have a question for you, with an added suggestion:

It doesn't do much good to warm this machine up more than 3 mins. or so, at some point you have to put it under a load. You said it will hold 14.5"hg?
Did you cap off the vac port and run it full throttle consistently at 14.5"hg?

You do that for 5 mins. it should heat up right quick, but it has to be consistently under load....running it full tilt with no load is just not gonna put the stress on the blower, which in turn puts stress on the engine. Units that Capture blower heat and engine heat need the load....period.

Do this and report back.

Also how much "bog" do you hear when you cap it off? if it's noticeable and the governor isn't kicking in to keep the rpms up, you should bump the throttle.

Then if you have the same luke warm water temps we can look at possible problems.

Thats about all I can do from here, Mikey's check just got returned for tech support.

Maybe i can get Olson to put TW on here for an hour, he's a legend on these Legends.

Whats up Jeff. I am not pissed off about this man. I really could care less. I was talking about something totally different and just sent you a pm explaining. I have cooled down and I am good to go. All I expect from people I deal with is honest professional service. Just read the pm and you will uderstand. This board is great and everyone on here is fantastic. I have learned so much and have become a better and smarter cleaner. Thanks to all that contribute.

CleanEvo

Did you get the heat issue resolved? Post an update when you can, I have a Legend and it would be good to know what happened in case it's something I have to deal with in the future.

thanks.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Whats up Ara ? Good to see you.

Daniel,

Just looking at the manual here is what it says the reasons for loss of heat are.

legendmanual.jpg

Water was bypassing from the water box which is what I suspected from the start. I didn't have to replace the 145 degree temp sensor. It was able to be repaired. The hx have been cleaned out. It will stay around 200 if I am not on the wand constantly, but I don't expect the same heat performance as the Everest either. In the summer it runs 200-210 and stays there. It is just not a winter machine.

Valvetrain

Maybe so Daniel. I've been hearing alot of people talk about using hot incoming water. DONT DO IT! Are you 100% certain water is not bypassing into the recovery tank? Even a little?
What up HOOTZ!!!
Hey Hootz have a Merry Christmas Buddy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom