Anyone here do large hotels?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

I was holding back letting you know how cheaply they are getting done around here. But Lee broke the ice for me. I'm glad Kentucky is ahead of PA in realizing the value of cleaning.

A few here are being done for 8 per room.

We have cleaning nomads who travel from state to state cleaning these places on a circuit. I don't know if the cleaners ever see home, if they have one. When they stop by for supplies or emergency service, the trucks are a sight to behold, and the cleaners are watched carefully until they leave.

I hope this place isn't looking for the next cheapest cleaner.

Reactions: Trip Moses

revitalize

Name
adrian
Do I smell a turn the wand upside down, mist the air for a little bit around the room, spritz a little deodorizer, collect check $8 per room, $9 if someone walks around with a backpack vacuum turned on. In and out 5 minutes...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
$8 x12 rooms per hour=$96.00 p.h.
Damn! That's still below Mikes' hourly.

He may need to add a spritz-mist of his fiber protector at $9.00 p.s. (per spritz) to stay solid :winky:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
We were 25 a room 25 years ago.
Seems like it should be at least 35 or 45$ or more by now.
Also would have to be done in sections...so one set up. Or extra charge if they run you all over the place per set up.
Lobby and offices are not at the room price.
Not currently doing this kind of work and if 8 or 10 bucks a room is the price I don't see it as profitable.
Big account though so ask questions because this seems like a good one.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
tourist season is just starting

holiday apartments 3x a year

20190911_102233.jpg20190911_102226.jpg20190911_102205.jpg

about 75% my usual residential hourly target..

but the views nice

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was going to buy a steamaction with a #8 blower and run 6 hose runs and hire a bunch of mexicans to clean motels around the country

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
my best paying hotel will get invoiced around $800 for 6hrs work (can only clean between 10am & 4pm) but they shut a floor at a time for me
You're fortunate to have found a property that actually does what they say at the outset. That's the beginning conversation with any large hotel we've worked with.

We've yet to work with a hotel that sticks to the plan, They'll run you around the property cleaning one room here and one there, and constantly change the scope of today's work because someone checked out early or they let people check into the "closed" floor because they want the money and don't care about you. One guest complains about noise and the whole day gets shut down.

They also want cheap "touch-ups" on rooms cleaned within the last two months - again all over the property.

Go in with specs on the job and penalties for their cheating or don't get involved.

PS: The smaller boutique hotels do the same thing, but pay enough per room to make all that worthwhile.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I tried a few hotels here and that’s a joke. They’re nowhere close to the major hotels but they whine over more than $11/room. I tried pricing one at $13/room if I could do the whole side (both first and second floor) and he made it sound like that was too much. I told him “why would I take less per hour to work for you when my schedule is full on my normal customers mr Patel?” I’m blunt with hotel customers. No shame

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom