Anyone own or had problems with boxxer 427

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Like I said, its not a brag list (selling an average of 17 units a year over 35 years is nothing to brag about).

I really enjoy getting feedback from fellow distributors here, and I'm looking to see what all of us together have in accumulated experience, both in years and units installed.

I get more out of the posts all of you put here than what I'd get at a distributor meeting, being the anti social, cranky old man that I am.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
17 a year is nice. since I've been around we've averaged about 12 a year but this past year has been difficult in TM sales. Every market is different but it is nice to talk with other distributors here and there and as far as disty meeting go I could do without them. Just too formal for me, at least some of them.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Well, no one would accuse this place of being formal!

And apologies for hijacking the thread, by the way.

My 2 cents: The 427 is a good machine, and has performed to my customer's expectations in the field.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

sdaws4

Sounds like some of the earlier models had a lot of problems and they have been able to work some out. Wondering what machine would you recommend if you don’t like this one? Has to have comparable performance and price

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If that one teaks you the wrong way I would check into the Bluewave. Excellent machine for it's size. a little bigger machine than the 427, a little less noisy and just as hot.

sdaws4

Now were going to have to bring the Maxx and Apex into the discussion. From what I’ve read on here is that the blue wave can’t touch the 427’s heat. So the maxx is now my new leader. Prove me wrong :?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
BlueWave? :shock:

What are you planning on doing? Are you a single wand only guy, part time dual wand, or 50/50

I am personally not a big fan of in-between machines. If your a single wand guy then buy a single wand machine. I LOVE the Powerclean Freedom 4.7, The Prochem Peak and the New Guys on the Block who Brought back the 4100LX as the Vision (AMP)

If I was buying a machine I would be buying the Vision. I have always loved Steam Way's (nothing like the smell of Jet Fuel in the Morning) and the 4100LX has been a very trouble free machine so ther Vision without the few Bugs of the 4100LX is going to kick ass.

Now if your going to dual wand then get a 650HP. Varsity Contractors have been beating them to death (600' dual runs 8-10 per day 6 days a week) Only issues have been from the $9per hour non-english speaking janitors that run them.

last like I said before the only Good Hydrmaster is the one that doesn't come with an engine :wink:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
sdaws4 said:
Now were going to have to bring the Maxx and Apex into the discussion. From what I’ve read on here is that the blue wave can’t touch the 427’s heat. So the maxx is now my new leader. Prove me wrong :?

I really really don't get the Apex unless your going Deisel. Spend the extra cash and get the 650hp they are the same foot print but you get a bigger waste tank, blower and engine. Ony adds 50 bucks or so a month to the payment on a 60month.

With that I have sold a couple Apex machines and not a hick up. Some people you just can't reach I guess. :lol:

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I don't care what Olsen says the Hydramaster Maxx 470 is one hell of a machine. I've run one for 3 years and it is as reliable as you could want, as hot as you need and powerfull enough to get 1.5 hour dry times in my area. The Apex is just as good but the belts are a pain in the butt to change which puts it second IMO.

TimP

The blower belt on my CDS is a major PITA to change....especially doing it the first time. Maybe it might be easier the next time but it's still a pita cause of how confined everything is

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Everyone eventually builds a good one ;)

I'd still take a Vision(Steam Way 4100LX) if it was a residential only rig otherwise i'd go 650HP.

Now if it has to be an Apex or a HydraMaster then that's a no brainer get the Prochem... Prochem is No.1 for a reason.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Now I wouldn't say that. There are quite a few manufacturers that will NEVER get it right. I will say that if you plan on spending that kind of cash on something that brings home the bacon you need to do some research because it needs to be able to perform up to YOUR standards and it must be reliable. Don't go for these cheap overgrown paperweights just cause it will save you a few bucks at the time of sale. If you do that chances are it will cost you a lot more in the long run. John and I could go all day about which one is better but I don't have the time and I'm sure he has better things to do also. Make sure you read into them.

T

The Magician

I agree with packfancjh. i have been using one longer than Olsen been selling his stuff here :lol:

Greenie

I just installed an older Maxx470, that is a whole lot more truckmount than any boxxer, when I hear boxxer I hear cheap, just because it has a 47 series blower does not make it a level playing field, HydraSlave can call it "simpler" easier access etc... but it still cost less, and you can bet cost was a huge reason for it's design, and sticking with the bucs coupler will make some dudes life hell 2 years from now, i'll take the belts thank you.

Now, that said...servicing the cat pump on the maxx is a bitch, the rest looks tolerable, but I guess I'll find out over the next year or so...lol

btw; for you HM dealers, what year did HM switch from Roots 47 grease blowers to MD/Tuthil double oil?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The Magician said:
I agree with packfancjh. i have been using one longer than Olsen been selling his stuff here :lol:

There isn't a machine that has been made that hasn't passed through here. While I am no mechanic being part of the worlds largest seller of used equipment I have seen them all.

Over the last 7 years I have learned the only good HydraMaster ends with CDS :wink:

And it is OLSON Get it right Geez

T

The Magician

Since Olsen not a machanic and only sees machines going thru. I would take the advice of a cc who runs the machine in the field 6/7 days for the last 7 years. As he is a dist. and blasts other dist/ manufactuers machines and would not consider any pruchases from him or his company.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have a boxxer 427, bought it used and have run it for almost 2 years, I have not had any real problems with it that I wasnt able to fix on the spot. My machine just turned 2,000 hours this week and still going. I like it and would buy one again, but this is the only machine I have ever ran so I can not compare to anything else.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Liars cheats and hucksters...

You mistake my honesty for something it is not. I have never been very good at "diplomacy" I just can't lie that well :wink:

Question are you and Marty related or are you marty?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom